After about 15minutes of changing and looking presentable I walked out of my room and into the hallway, Ashton was standing outside the door waiting to take me to where the rest of the family were.

We walked down the long hallway and headed towards the office where mum, dad and Macaulay were. Grandmother and Grandfather were in press interviews until their opening was to be made.

We were just about near the office when Ashton spoke up for the first time since we left my room;

“You look really pretty tonight Reagan, that dress suits you well” he said in a brotherly tone.

I smiled at him and gave him a quick hug before walking into the office to see my family.

Once in the office Macaulay’s jaw dropped when he saw me, while mum and dad smiled happily at me.

“Whoa Rea is that really you? You look good” Macaulay said still stunned.

“Yes Macaulay it’s me, you don’t look too bad yourself” I said smiling back at him.

“Sweetie you look lovely” dad commented, while mum nodded and walked over to me pulling me into a hug.

*****************

We arrived at the ballroom the same way that the guests were entering so we looked normal and not related to the Queen and King at all.

I walked in with Macaulay and started looking around the room to see if we knew anyone there, sure enough my eyes landed on a table on the other side of the room, sitting there was dad’s Aunt Ethel who is Grandmothers older sister and her son which is dads cousin John. I tapped Macaulay on the shoulder and pointed to where the two were sitting. He smiled before walking to them, I followed along.

We got to the table and Aunt Ethel got up and gave us a hug before sitting back down again.

“Hello Aunt Ethel, it’s a pleasure to see you again” I said warmly.

“My darlings it has been a while how long was it since I saw you both last?” she asked back

“Um well I haven’t seen you for a year and you saw Macaulay not that long ago” I said back

“That’s right, wow time flies” she said shaking her head.

“Hey John where is Ruby and Chelsea?” Macaulay asked John.

John was an only child of Ethel and her late husband Michael who passed away a few years ago from natural causes.

John had met his wife Ruby at university and have been together ever since. They have a daughter Chelsea who is 4 years old and is so adorable and they are expecting another one on the way in the next few months.

“Well they were going to come but Chelsea got sick and Ruby is staying home to look after her and with the baby due soon she needs to rest up” he said.

“Do you know what you’re having?” I asked.

“We are going to have a surprise, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a boy” he said happy.

“Well tell that cheeky monkey that I will visit in the next week” Macaulay said to John, talking about Chelsea.

Macaulay had university holidays for a month and decided to go back to England and visit John, Ruby and Chelsea for a week, Chelsea was like a magnet to Macaulay, she would follow him around everywhere and climb on him whenever he was sitting down, so Macaulay gave her the nickname cheeky monkey.

“Oh I will be telling her that, she won’t stop talking about you” John said laughing, which made all of us start to laugh as well.

With that dad and mum came over and joined the table since we were sitting with Aunt Ethel and John.