Chapter 32

"Everything is all set and we should be there soon. We're staying in the same place that we did before". Jasper said on the plane ride that morning. I sighed and felt his link mine hand with his then he brought my hand to his mouth and kissed it.
   "We'll have a room to yourselves and once we've talked to Aro will have a perfect evening to ourselves". He added making me grin.
   "Now that sounds like fun". I replied making him laugh.
   "I knew that it would". Jasper replied trying his best to ease my nervous. I sighed and looked outside the window wondering if our fight with the Volturi was ever going to truly end...

        Several hours later the plane landed and an old friend of Carlisles drove us to our hotel. Drake agreed with to room with Carlisle while Bella went with Edward and I went with Jasper. As I entered our room. I sat my suitcase down on the bed and I did just the same.
    "I should have seen Charlie before coming here". I stated rubbing my arms. Jasper sighed and came over to me and sat down on the bed with me.
   "Avery everything is going to be alright". Jasper replied.
   "How can you know for sure? Aro killed Emmaline because she wouldn't join him. What stops him from killing me?" I stated.
   "Drake and I are here to protect you. We won't let anything happen to you". He answered.
   "And what about Aro killing you Jasper? Or Drake? Or Bella?" I stated. "I wouldn't bare it if anyone of you guys died for me".
   "Avery I would risk my life for you in a heartbeat".
   "Jasper-"
   "I love you and I will keep you safe. I promise you".
    "I love you too". I said grabbing hold of Jasper's hand. He smiled then kissed my hand.
   "Are you ready?" He questioned me.
   "Ready as I can be".
~

   "Ah Carlisle and Jasper welcome". Aro greeted us as we entered the main room in the castle. Aro smiled at me and then proceeded to walk towards us.
    "I see that Edward and Bella sect I join you as well". Aro added. Then he turned his attention to me and I tensed up a bit. Jasper put his hand around my waist to comfort me.
   "Young Avery Cullen. Immortality defines you. You are a most beautiful creature". Aro complimented me. I tried to fake a smile.
   "Thank you".
    "Jasper is a very lucky vampire". Aro smiled. Jasper growled.
    "I think I'm the lucky one". I smiled glancing up at my husband. Aro then turned his attention away from us and focused it on Drake.
   "And I see that you have brought an old friend with you. Welcome Dracula. It's been too long". Aro grinned at Drake making his on edge. I put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. He nodded his head at me.
   "Not long enough". He uttered back at him. Aro smiled.
   "I am afraid however that you came at a most unfortunate time. I'm sure that you've heard that Dimtri has been murdered by his own kind".
   "That's because he attacked Avery!" Drake stated firm stepping forward.
   "Drake please". Carlisle began. "Aro we did not mean to harm Dimtri anyway, but he attacked Avery and Jasper reacted in the nature of a mate. He didn't want Dimtris venom flowing through Avery's blood so he had to what he needed to do". Carlisle explained to him. As I looked from Carlisles face to Aro's I knew that Aro had known this already. He was just playing games with Carlisle. Like he did with anyone when he didn't get his way. And in this case his way was having me join him.
   "Though that is true Dimtri did not have to pay the price. Actions will now have to be taken to ensure that this little accident doesn't happen again". He replied making Drake growl.
   "What about your actions?!? You kill innocent people who won't join your coven and you don't pay the price for that and yet we have to?! What kind of system is that?! Sounds more like bullshit to me!" Drake shouted at him. He was about ready to rip Aro's head clean off his perfectly structured body.
    "How dare you speak to me that way!". Aro shouted back at him.
   "How dare I?! I used to be the ruler of our kind and you took that away from me! You killed the love of my life!"
    "Everything must be conquered eventually". Aro stated.
    "YOU COWARD!"
   "Drake enough!" Jasper stated firm. "We did not come here to fight". Drake growled and walked back to his place near me.
   "Aro I plead with you. Let Avery stay with us. Please done take her away from her family". Jasper begged Aro as he sat back down on his throne chair.
   "Why should I? Her gift it is very rare and we haven't heard of another with her unique ability in centuries". He stated. Edward stepped forward now with my sister hand in hand.
     "Just Like Emmaline before her there will be others that come after Avery that have her same ability". Carlisle explained. Aro nodded.
    "That may be, but how long will that be? Carlisle my old friend". Aro questioned him. As much as I didn't want to admit it Aro had a point. How long would it be until someone else had the same gift as me, days? Mouths? Years? And how long would Aro wait to find out?
   "Avery means the world to Jasper Aro. He loves her with his whole being". Edward replied. Aro sighed.
   "Love is a weakness".
   "That's not what you said when you fell in love with Maria those centuries ago". Drake stared from behind Edward. Aro jumped up out of his chair and walked down to Drake. Then he grabbed him by the neck and slammed him down into the concrete floor. Drake smiled as a cracking sound could be heard. Looking down at both of them I noticed that a large crack was slowly forming on the left side of his cheek.
    "How dare you even say her name!" He growled. "You don't deserve to say her name".
    "She was your world until your father murdered her. He said that love was a weakness too, didn't he?" Drake grinned at Aro making him stand up. Then he kicked Drake in the chest one last time before turning his back to us.
   "Don't ever bring up my past again!" He stated firm
   "As for the matter of Avery joining my coven that is still not off the table as we speak". Jasper sighed as did I. Some how I had to find away to make it clear to him that I was not joining his coven. I couldn't and I wouldn't.
     "Aro please. If you don't let me stay with the Cullen's then you could be facing an all out war". I extremely o him. He raised an eyebrow at me.
    "How so?"
I took a step forward. "When Irina told you about Renesmee you decided that you wanted war and a war was what you got".
   "Go on".
   "But we gathered witnesses and you saw in Alice's vision that you were defeated by our ability to listen and understand the situation before we act. You were careless and rash and that's what led to your defeat and the same thing could happen again if you forced me to join your coven". I finished explaining to him and deep down I knew that he knew I was right. We gathered witnesses before and we could certainly do it again.
   "Your a very clever girl Avery. And I can see that this new life suits you very well". He replied sitting back down in his chair. Then he crossed his left leg over his right one.
   "Aro please my old friend". Carlisle pleaded. Aro sighed and swished his hand in the air.
   "Very well Avery may stay with you and your family Carlisle, however Felix will not be happy about this". Aro finally agreed. I smiled as Jasper nodded his head.
    "Thank you for the warning". Jasper said. "And thank you for agreeing to let Avery stay".
   "However if another century goes by and there's not another one of her kind to be found I will take her back". Aro said to us. I sighed and looked behind me at Carlisle.
   "Very well". He agreed. Jasper wrapped his hand around me and the rest of us walked out.
~
As me and Jasper entered our room Jasper instantly picked me up in his arms. I let out a lite scream and smiled at him. Then he twirled us around the room and I couldn't stop smiling.
    "We did it!" I exclaimed with excitement.
    "We did". He said putting me down.
    "I can't believe that we did it though, but I'm so happy that we did".
     "As am I". Jasper grinned.
    "I'm so grateful to all of you for fighting for me. You and Drake beg and pleaded for me to stay and I couldn't be happier".
   "You know that I would do anything for you Avery and so would anyone of us. Your apart of this family now and you always will be". Jasper said making me smile.
   "And I wouldn't have it any other way". I replied leaning in to kiss my husband. Jasper brushed his lips on my neck and let his hands trail up and down by back. I bit down on my lip and wrapped my arms around his back. Then I let myself be consumed by the passion of the night.

Pretty intense guys. After this chapter I kind of want to write a story about Drake and Emmaline now lol. Maybe one day.