Chapter 17

Rolling out of our bed I yawned and moved my body into our kitchen. I poured myself a glass of orange juice and stared out the window.
"For a human your are so beautiful". I screamed and dropped my glass. Orange juice splashed everywhere as I stared back at the black haired man grinning at me.
"Who are you and what are you doing here?" I stated grabbing the toaster from the outlet. The man rolled his eyes at me as Jasper jumped by my side.
"I think you know the answer and so does your mate". He smiled as I let out a gasp.
"Your -"
"Dracula". Jasper growled pulling me closer to him. Dracula bowed in front of us and I sat the toaster down. It wasn't going to help me anyway. So I didn't really need it. "What are you doing here?" He demanded.
"I've come to see her". Dracula said pointing to me. I gulped and glanced up at Jasper's golden eyes. He was extremely pissed. He didn't want this guy near me and I couldn't really blame him. Dracula looked quite scary in his own way. Nothing like the books depicted him to be.
"Why?!"
"She will have the same gift as my wife". He stated.
"And what else?"
"The Volturi will try to destroy her. I won't let that happen!" Dracula replied firm. I glanced up at Jasper again and stepped forward.
"Avery don't-" I smiled at my husband.
"He won't hurt me Jasper". I said back kissing his cheek. Then I turned my attention back to Dracula.
"Avery, what a lovely name for a lovely girl".
"Why do you want to protect me?" I questioned him. He sighed.
"Those barbarians slaughtered my wife in cold blood because of her gift. She was taken from me and I will not let another with the same gift be taken from her mate". He spoke with honestly and truth. He truly did come here to help protect me and not to take me away from Jasper. I smiled.
"And I'm sorry for that. Your wife sounded like a good person". I pleaded to him. He nodded then smiled. Jasper moved to my side.
"Thank you Drac". Jasper thanked him. Dracula bowed.
"She means the world to you just as my wife did to me. I will not watch another couple be torn apart by them". He replied.
"Carlisle would like to see you". Jasper added. Dracula nodded and vanished in the direction of the Cullen house. I sighed and ran my fingers through my long red hair. Then lifted myself up in the counter top.
"Well that was...interesting". I said as Jasper nodded his head.
"He means what he said". I added. Jasper nodded and pulled my legs around him.
"I know, but-"
"But what? Jasper everything will be okay. In two days I'll be like you and I'll be able to protect myself". I reminded him as he kissed my neck. I bit my lip.
"I know". He muttered in between kisses. He then pulled away.
"You'll be so beautiful". He smirked. I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Hey I thought I was always beautiful?!" I chuckled. Jasper brought his lips to mine.
"You are, but being a vampire will make you so irresistible. I might not be able to keep my hands to myself". He whispered. I smiled.
"You have trouble with that now". I laughed.
"Your so beautiful". He replied making me grin.
"We should stop before I get in trouble. I have to meet Charlie to help him pick out a suit for his wedding". I said as Jasper continued to kiss my neck then he brushed his lips to my shoulder.
"Jasper..." I said pushing him away. "I'll be back later". I said as I exited the kitchen.
"Don't be too long...beautiful". He kissed me on my way out. I smiled back at him.
"I won't. I love you".

A few more chapters left guys. I'm excited to see how the story plays out!