Chapter 31

As the afternoon progressed on Seth had sent me a text saying that he wanted to speak with me about something so as I could I headed straight over to his house. Getting out of my car he raced over to me with Jacob hot on his trail.
    "I got your text is something wrong?" I questioned both of them. Jacob handed me a note.

  Avery, I know that your precious mate killed Dimtri and so does Aro. We are not happy about this and there will be a punishment. I look forward to your visit soon.
       -Felix

    "Sam found this outside his house this morning. Do you know what he means by visit?" Jacob asked. I sighed.
   "Carlisle contacted Aro about all this and Aro demands us to meet with him. He also wants to see if I am truly changed". I informed them. Jacob growled under her breath.
   "Those damn bloodsuckers".
   "Jake-" Seth glared at him. He sighed.      
   "Avery don't you see this could be a trap. You can't seriously be thinking about going there again?!" Jacob stated firm. I sighed.
    "Maybe she has to Jake". Seth interjected. I nodded my head at him.
   "Seth's right Jacob I don't really have a choice. If I don't go then they could kill someone close to me like Charlie or my mom or worse".
   "What could be worse?"
   "They could slaughter the rest of Drakes coven, all the covens that helped us defeat them before or-"
   "I get the point, but it still sounds dangerous". Jacob replied. I rolled my golden eyes at him.
   "I am a vampire that manipulate others abilities. Jake I think I can handle myself". I chuckled making Seth laugh.
   "You just got owned dude". Seth stated. Jacob rolled his eyes and then slapped Seth on the back of his head.
   "Ow that hurt".
   "Grow some balls". Jacob said.
   "So when are you guys leaving to you know go meet with the dictator?" Death asked me.
   "Carlisle says we could leave in a few days. I promise I'll text you both to let you know how it all went". They both nodded their heads.
   "Just promise me you'll be careful Avery". Jacob said with a concerned expression across his tan face.
   "Promise me too. I don't want to lose my best friend Avery". Seth stated. I nodded my head at both of them. 
   "I promise I'll be careful". I said.
    "Good". They both said at the same time.
    "Can I count on you guys to watch over Charlie while I'm gone?" I asked them.
    "Of course Avery".
    "Thank you guys both for everything".
    "Glad we can be of help. Hey you want to stay for dinner?" Jacob asked me.
     "I can't I'm sorry. It's just I want to get a handle on my ability and to do that I need some help to unlock it so Drake has offered to help with that". I said. Jacob rolled his eyes.
   "Of course he has. Is Jasper okay with this? You two hanging out?"
   "It's not like that Jake. Drake is just a really good friend and besides I think he has a thing for Alice".
   "Oh joy". I smiled.
   "Anyways I should get going. I'll see you guys around. Thanks for the note Seth".
   "No problem Avery". Seth said as I got back into my car and then drove back to the Cullen's house.

   "So how have things been going with Alice?" I asked Drake after our practice session. He shook his head. I rolled my eyes at him as I continued to pack my bags for our trip back to Volterra.
   "I'm not so sure that there's anything going on between us". He huffed as he took a seat in my armchair.
    "You just have to give it time Drake. I'm sure Alice will come around I promise". I replied.
   "I don't know..."
   "Please don't give up Drake. You deserve to be happy and so did Alice". I pleaded with him.
   "I know Avery. It's just Alice reminds me of Emmaline in the way she treats me, but Alice is not her and I shouldn't be comparing Alice to Emmaline. It's wrong to both of them". Drake replied. I sighed and walked over to him.
   "I do care for Alice as Alice, but I'm afraid she doesn't care for me in the same way I do to her".
   "Alice was afraid that you would be comparing her to Emmaline, but I can see that you really care for Alice as Alice". I stated.
   "I do. Alice is a beautiful woman and a wonderful person to talk with. She makes me feel something that I have not felt in almost a century". Drake replied.
   "I do?" Both of us turned our heads to see Alice standing in the doorway of me and Jasper's bedroom.
   "I'm sorry if I interrupted anything. I just wanted to bring you this wedding gift that Aro just sent you". Alice added. Drake stood up and just kept staring at her. Alice smiled back at him and put the box down.
   "How much did you hear?" Drake questioned her. Alice dusted off her skirt.
   "Everything. From saying that he cared about me as me to the part where I had made you feel something that you hadn't felt in almost a century". Alice echoed what he had just said a few minutes ago.
   "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable Alice. It's just that I-"
    "You didn't make me feel uncomfortable. In fact I found it really sweet. It's been so long since anyone has cared about me this much". Alice replied stepping closer to him.
   "I see". Drake smiled and moved in a few steps as well. I smiled at both of them just as Alice turned her head to me.
   "Do you think that we could talk alone Avery?" Alice requested. I nodded my head and left them along in my bedroom.
   "Avery is everything aright?" Jasper asked me as I entered our living room. I shook my head and kissed him passionately. He wrapped his arms around my waist.
    "Something has put you in a good mood". He replied. I nodded my head. "Are you going to tell me what it is?"
   "Drake and Alice are having a heart to heart conversation and I feel like it's going to end well". I explained to him. He smiled.
   "I hope it does". He smiled as he kissed the top of my head. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" I shook my head.
   "No not really. I just hope that we all survive it. Aro and his guards are someone you don't want to mess around with". I replied.
   "I agree which is why Drake, Carlisle, Bella and Edward are coming with us. They are your biggest supporters". Jasper told me. "They will do everything in their power to protect you Avery".
   "I know Jasper it's just that I don't want them to get hurt because of me".
   "They won't Avery I promise you that". Jasper said kissing my forehead.
   "How can you be so sure of that?"
   "Because they all love you so much and so do I. If anyone of Aro's guards try to lay a hand on you I will fight them". Jasper stated firm. I sighed and laid my head down on Jasper's chest. With him by my side I knew that we were going to get through this situation no matter what. Jasper and my new family would be there to protect me even if they were in danger because of it.

Damn this is double the word count compared to the other chapters. Anyway enjoy 😊