Chapter 23

That evening I found Alice outside sitting on the balcony and decided to join her.
    "It's been awhile since I've seen a pair of red eyes around here". Alice replied as I joined her on the balcony.
   "Yeah it has. So I guess Benjamin left already?" I stated. She nodded her head.
   "He left while you were in mid transformation. He wanted to stay, but he thought that it wouldn't be a good idea". Alice answered me.
   "Why? It's not like I was going to hurt him?" I replied to her.
   "He kind of started to take a liking to you when he first was introduced to you".
   "And I'm guessing that he didn't want to cause trouble for me and Jasper". I finished her sentence. Alice nodded her head. I sighed and looked up at the stars. I just wished that he would have told me how he felt face to face rather then tell Alice. Though I didn't feel the same way that he did I still felt like Benjamin was a good friend to have around. And I just wished that he hadn't left without telling me. I wrapped my arms around myself.
    "You okay Avery?"
I nodded my head. "Yeah. I just wish that he would have said goodbye to me before he left". I stated. Alice nodded and put her arms around me.
   "Me too, but hey you go visit him just like that". She suggested. I nodded.
   "Speaking of visiting people I heard from Emmett that you went for a walk in the woods with Drake". I hinted. She rolled her eyes and pulled away.
   "He has such a big mouth". She mumbled under her breath.
   "That's Emmett for you. Anyway are you two-"
Alice put her hands up to stop me dead in my tracks. "No no. Avery there's nothing going on between us....Drake is a sweet guy, but he's not my type". She stated firm. I rolled my eyes at her. She was definitely lying.
    "Cmon Alice he is definitely your type. He's kind, protective and a good sense of stuff I have to say". I replied. She sighed.
   "I can't argue with the last one, but Avery he's still so hung up in his deceased mate. Even if there was some sort of connection I wouldn't watch to be just her replacement". Alice stated. I sighed. Alice of course was right. Drake still missed his wife dearly and I didn't think that he was ready for anything new just yet.
    "Then why do I hear a maybe coming on..?" Alice smiled.
   "There might be a maybe....I don't know. He's a really nice guy and I do enjoy his company..." I smiled at her.
   "You both deserve to be happy". I stated. Alice smiled up at me.
   "That we do".

Next chapter will have Jacob and Seth meeting Avery as a vampire I promise. Enjoy this new Chapter!