"Do you girls one anything?" Jake asks Joelle and Violet, who're standing close to us, still chatting to each other.

"Same as before," Joelle says and Violet nods in agreement. Jake nods and starts walking to the bar, followed by Sam as Jake can't carry that many drinks.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" I ask Violet, who nods, a big smile on her face.

"I am! Thanks for bringing us along."

"You wanted to, how could I refuse?"

"Still, some guys wouldn't bring a girl to his night out with the boys."

"Well, I'm not like other guys."

"I know," Violet says, smiling at me. I smile back at her as Sam and Jake come back with our drinks. I take a few sips of my beer as I watch Violet.

"You're staring at her mate," Evan tells me, making me look away from Violet.

"What?"

"You're staring at Violet."

"So?"

"Do you like her mate?"

"She's my friend, of course I like her. Otherwise, we wouldn't be friends."

"Not like that. I mean, do you like her as more than friends?" Evan asks and I actually take some time to think about it. Do I like her as more than a friend? I think back to our kiss on New Year's Eve, which I enjoyed, even though I was drunk. If I was asked to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Is it normal to want to kiss your friend?

"I don't know man," I say just before someone pulls my arm. I turn to see who pulled my arm and see Violet smiling at me.

"Come dance with me," she says, making me smile. I finish my beer before following Violet to the dance floor. Once we get there, she puts her arms around my neck before she starts swaying her hips. I put my hands on her hips and pull her closer as she keeps swaying her hips.

We continue to dance like this for a while and I'm enjoying myself a lot. The way she moves is really sexy and she is a good dancer as well. Then she turns around and presses herself against me as her hips continue to move. Okay, she is definitely drunk. But I don't mind. I move in the same rhythm as her and put my arm around her to keep her close. She lays her hand on my shoulder and we keep moving like this for several songs. I don't know if it's the alcohol or something else, but I don't ever want this to stop.

Violet's POV

I wake up with a pounding headache. I drank way too much last night. I open my eyes and look around. Where on earth am I? Then I look beside me and realize there's someone lying next to me.

What on earth happened last night?

Whoever is lying next to me has his back towards me. At least I hope it's a he. I quickly check under the covers and realize to my relief I'm wearing my underwear. But that still doesn't answer my question, what happened last night?

What I do know is that it's Monday morning. And I have work today. What time is it even? I look around the room in search for a clock, but I don't find one. I slowly slide out of bed and make my way out of the room as quiet as possible. Once I am in the living room, I start looking for something that'll tell me the time. I go to the kitchen and see the time on the microwave.

9:47. Crap, I'm late for work.

I quickly make my way back to the bedroom. I start putting on my clothes, already trying to think of something to tell Dylan in order to not get fired. Then I hear the person in bed stir, making me freeze. I was hoping to get away without having to face the person lying in bed.

I continue getting dressed, hoping I can still make it out of the bedroom before the person fully wakes up. I struggle a bit with putting on my shoes, but eventually, I'm all ready to go. I take a quick look around to check if I have everything. My phone and keys are in my purse, which I spotted in the living room, so I should have everything. Otherwise, too bad. I open the bedroom door but then I freeze as a voice calls my name.

"Violet?"

This can't be true! How? Out of everyone, how can it be him? I turn around and look at the man with who I shared candy last night, and apparently a whole lot more.

"Daniel."

Oh oh. What do you think happened? What do you think will happen? Let me know all your thoughts in the comments below!! And don't forget to vote for this story!

Love you all

Evy
Instagram: readracewrite