Little too late

*requested by KelseyBeren *

It's been over a month and I've found that I've become more distant from everything. The world was spinning a lot faster and I couldn't keep up. Tom's been so excited because I've finally agreed to come off the pill, I wanted him to be happy. That's all I wanted in life. I knew I would do anything, sacrifice anything for him and he would do the same for me. Things are getting more serious between us and I can't deny the fact that he will be a great father some day in the future. I tried to tell him countless times how I was feeling but he would always shake it off and tell me it was nerves or normal.The sound of the front door opening that evening made my blood run cold. It was the first time I could honestly say I wasn't ready to see tom. The first time since we got together that I didn't want to be around him anymore. Not because I didn't love him but because I began hating myself and I didn't want to hurt him by telling him how I really felt.

"Hi babe" his arms snaked around my waist. The feeling of his head resting on my shoulder reminded me how much I would miss him when he was at work.

"Hey" I said softly carrying on with the dishes watching as the bubbles would foam up.

"How's you're day been?" He released before leaning his hands on the counter watching my every movement.

"Good and you?" I try to keep focused on the final few dishes.

"Good. I brought you another pregnancy test. Maybe we'll get lucky this time" he said just as I turned off the tap. Pulling each finger of my rubber gloves off and setting them aside 

"Yeah maybe" I force a smile taking the box of tests in my hand. I stared down at them for a few moments. I could feel toms eyes staring through my soul. "I'll do it after dinner?" I look up at him with little hopes but his facial expressions didn't change

"Are you really going to make me wait? Don't you want to find out?" He pleaded. I knew what my answer was. No. I knew how much this mean to tom.

"Yeah you're right. How stupid of me" I say as he lets out a small chuckle

"I've been praying. I really want a child with you Tori and only you, you helped me get my life back on track and I want us to be a proper family" he pulled a piece of hair behind my ear pulling me in closer to him. His thumbs caressed my cheeks softly. I closed my eyes at the sensation he was giving off. I wished I could tell him right now but I didn't want to hurt his feelings not after he just poured his heart out too me. Finally taking the pregnancy test into the bathroom as he waited anxiously outside I could hear him pacing backwards and forwards, I ran the tap as quietly as possible wetting the tip of the test before putting the lid back on. I did this because I knew for a fact that I wasn't pregnant. I hadn't stopped taking the pill. I had no intentions of stopping. I didn't want a child. Not yet.I wasn't the maternal type. I quickly flushed the empty toilet watching the water swirl.I opened the door letting tom rush up to me like a child on Christmas morning.

"Well?" His eyes gleamed with expectations. I simply handed him the test. His eyes beamed into the rest. A small smile spreading across his lips confusing me.

"What is it?" I ask scanning his face searching for some sort of clue.

"It's positive" he squeals engulfing me in a hug. I shake my head in his grip. How could this be?

"Tom let go! It's not possible" I managed to get out of his grip. Snatching the test out of his hand. There was two little pink lines on the screen. My heart beating faster every second.

"Tom this test is wrong. It must be faulty" I say but he laughs thinking it was all a joke.

"Tom I'm serious!" I say with a serious look on my face. He looked puzzled as I expected his face dropping.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows

"The test must be faulty because-" I cut myself off hesitating. His eyes completely glued on me.

"Because I didn't take it! I ran it under the tap." I finally admitted. He stapled back away from me.

"Why would you do that? Are you having a laugh? How can it be positive if you ran it under the tap?" His voice got a little louder.

"I don't know! I didn't want to tell you because I knew how much you wanted this baby!"

"Tell me what?" I could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"I'm still on the pill..." my voice trailed off building tension between us.

"You said you would stop the pill! You said we would try for a child! Why would you do this to me? You knew how much I wanted to start a family with you!" He shouted. His hands running through his hair with impatience.

"I know but I'm not ready for a child yet tom! I didn't want to tell you because I knew how upset you would get!" I try to reason with him

"Yeah! No shit Sherlock. How could you let me believe that?!" His voice louder than ever. Tears streaming from both of our faces. I wanted to hug him and tell him everything would be alright, instead all the anger I had built up over the last month found its way between us. "Why didn't you tell me from the beginning?" He finally asked noticing the frustration on my face. He could tell I was getting angrier.

"I tried to tell you! Tell you I wasn't ready! I tried to tell you that I wasn't feeling the same about myself but did you listen? No! You did what you always do and run after what YOU want most. You don't think about how it will affect others around you!" I scream leaving the house silent.

"So this is my fault?" He raises a brow. I scoff at him.

"You know what tom! Fuck you! All I ever wanted was to make you happy. Everything I ever did was for you! But what do I get in return? Jack shit! that's why I get. You come home and we don't even talk anymore the only thing you want is sex nothing more nothing less, I'm a baby breeding machine in you're eyes. If that's how you see me then I'm pretty sure I know where the door is!" I storm past him and into our bedroom grabbing my bag

"Tori what are you doing?" His voice a little more forgiving.

"Getting away from you!" I shove as much as I can in an overnight bag. I'm sure my parents would be happy to see me right?

"Tori listen!" He shots from across the room but I don't listen. He storms to the side of the bed pulling my arms away from the bag

"WHAT?!" My eyes holding back a thousand tears

"I wish I would have listened to you. I know you're always trying to make me happy and I take advantage of that but you've got to understand how much I want to begin a family with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and watch you grow old right beside me, please don't turn you're back on me" he pleaded but something inside me told me that it wasn't an honest response.

"It's a little too late Tom. You should have listened when I came to you in hopes of sincerity but you were selfish and I can't live my life to please you!" I push past him one last time with my bag in my hand.

"Take care of yourself Tom" I force a smile for the very last time with every single drop of energy I had left in my body.