School reunion (Part 1)

"I'm not looking forward to it" I admitted as I put in my earrings. Me and my boyfriend Harry  were attending my school reunion in a local fancy hotel we were allowed to bring a plus one which in my case would be Harry. I haven't seen any of the people I went to high school with since I left and I was a little reluctant to see someone from my past... 

"You'll be fine! I'm sure everyone will be surprised at how much you've changed" he smiled as he adjusted his cufflinks.he drove to the well lit hotel which was decorated nicely. I took a few deep breaths as we entered the hotel room. The sound of music in a distance room made me nervous . I held onto his hand hoping he would never let go. The sight of fully grown human beings dancing, drinking and socialising. 

"Do you recognise anyone?"Harry whispered in my ear till I noticed a familiar face. 

"ANGIE!" The same voice warmed my heart her heels clanging against the floor. Her angel face stood before me as she engulfed me in a hug.  

"Oh my god how are you?" Christina's cheerleading body was still apparent. 

"you've lost so must weight you look beautiful" she said searching my body from head to toe before landing her eyes on Harry.

"Oh yeah sorry this is Harry" I introduced my old friend to my boyfriend. I could tell by the look on her face that she had something to say

"nice to meet you" Harry shook her hand. "I'm gonna get us a drink okay?" Harry pecked my cheek, leaving our side. 

"I thought I would see you with Tom" she added which surprised me. 

"Why would you think that? I haven't seen Tom since I left high school" I looked at my feet remembering the chubby little boy I fell in love with. 

"really? I just thought that after high-" I cut her off by shaking my head. 

Ever since 9th grade I had a huge crush on Tom no one knew accept Christina, I never had the courage to talk to him. I would just stare at him during class and hope for the best. Tina (christina) my only friend, Cheerleader and beautiful blonde every guy wanted her including Tom. I was voted the ugliest girl in school everybody hated me, I was fat and ugly, wore huge glasses and had messy hair no wonder no one wanted me. The other kids found it strange that someone like Christina would want to be friends someone like me but she always told me I may not have been the best looking on the outside but on the inside I was pure gold. The last week of 12th grade one of the rich popular girls heard me talking about tom and how much I liked him and that I wanted to ask him to prom but obviously Alannah and her friends had to make my life hell by announcing it in front of the whole year I had never felt so embarrassed in my life and I will never forget it till the day I die. 

"look what the cat dragged in" A high pitched voice angered me. After all these years I still wanted to strangled her. Alannah was the name of the leader. 

"Nice to see you guys again" Christina tried to change the subject but their eyes stayed focused on me 

"How are things going with you and Tom?" she sniggered. "where is he?" she looked around

"Any wedding bells on the horizon" The other added. I felt my fists clenching. 

"Why don't you shut up before I kick your teeth in!" I finally shout which scared them a little 

"Gheez psycho calm down it was just a joke" Alannah threw me a dirty look 

"Heres your drink babe" he handed me and drink with little umbrellas in it. she looked up at Harry instantly smiling 

"Well who's this then?" She smirked at him. 

"This is MY boyfriend" I emphasised each word 

"Right. you haven't done bad for yourself" she kept her eyes on him. You could see the fear in harry's eyes "Anyway we'll be over there is you need us" she smirked for the last time as she pointed to the opposite side of the room. Once they left Harry let out a sight of relief. 

"I'm sorry about them" I giggled which calmed his nerves

Suddenly a few gasps around the room made me focus on the entrance. A tall guy with a perfectly tamed beard, a sharp suit and designer shoes walked into the hall it looked like he attended the gym a lot seen as his shirt fit around his biceps flawlessly. No one recognised the angel faced man but stared at him anyway, I knew exactly who he was and so did Christina. My heart started beating faster and faster soon after my hands started to shake slightly. I looked at my feet holding my tears back the same feeling of embarrassment ran through my body. Why was I so emotional about this? 

"TOM!" Christina ran to his side greeting him with a hug, across the hall I ignored their conversation hoping he wouldn't remember who I was . 

"So does it feel like old times?' Harry lifted my chin up with his finger. I forced a smile at him. 

"I'm gonna get some fresh air" I handed him back the drink, pushing past others during the process. I found a set of vintage stairs which I followed. It lead me to a balcony where the fresh air brushed past my cheeks flowers were dangling from the balcony beneath my feet. I needed to get away from my life for a moment but it was short lived. 

"Angie?" A deep British voice startled me. I turned to face him. A rush of memories hitting me in the face 

"Tom" I bit my lip hiding any emotion that was planted on my face. His eyes danced around my face 

"Haven't see you in years. You look amazing" He smiled as he put his hands in his pockets. 

"thank you. you too... I mean you've changed so much!" I looked at him. The once little boy was not longer a short chubby little bunny but a grown ass bear. I felt weird towards him, I didn't know how to react around him. It felt like I was in high school all over again. 

"So how have things been? What do you do now?" he seemed genuinely interested 

"They've been good. I work for Scotland yard in the forensics department. What about you?" I asked 

"Well. I've been dabbling in different things mainly acting but I've got a son now." he smiled proudly. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous but overall I was happy for him but the odd thing was he didn't wear a wedding ring but there were marks on his finger where there used to be one.

"You're married?" I finally asked but he laughed a little 

"Twice. But it didn't work out" he smiled at my reaction. Pure stupidity. 

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to pry" I bit my lip 

"Don't be silly how were you to know?" He raised an eyebrow as a small smile lingered on his lips. A moment of silence lay between us as we took in each others features

"Look about what happened in high school-" I cut him off 

"I'm over it Tom. Its in the past" I lied before long I knew my feelings for him hadn't really changed they were always there but buried underneath everything else.  

"okay thats good then" he scratched the back of his head looking for another conversation starter

"Anyway its been nice catching up but I'm sure Harry will be wondering where I've got too" I smiled which he returned 

"Harry?' he raised an eyebrow 

"My boyfriend" I smiled but he didn't returned. A slight look of disappointment plastered on his face

"Oh right I see. I'll see you around then?' He forced a smile. I knew it was forced because I have almost mastered the same look. I nodded and left him to his own devices. Once I got back into the hall I joined Harry's side. He kissed my forehead. His passion made me smile at him. 

"wanna go home?" he asked just as Tom walked back into the hall. I knew I couldn't knowledge him anymore than I had done as my fate was set with Harry.

 "Yeah. I think so" I intertwine my fingers with Harry's the whole time Tom tried not to look over at us as we left the hall. I had said my goodbyes to Christina and promised that we would meet up sometime soon but was my reunion with tom really going to end like this????