School reunion (finale)

A few months had passed. Harry decided to go ahead with the wedding which would be taking place in a few days he took out a loan seen as I had been fired from work just so he could give me the wedding "of my dreams" but the last few days Harry has been getting restless. He's been angrier and generally more stressed out. He keeps shouting at me. It's like he hates me.There was something I wasn't telling Harry. I fell out of love with him and in love with Tom. We've been sleeping together behind Harry's back. It wasn't just sex. Our feeling for each other had grown out of control. Every moment I spent with him felt like heaven. They way he would look at me with love in his eyes but I hadn't told tom about the wedding yet.
"I love it when you do that" he caressed my cheek with his fingers. Our faces inches away from each other.

"Do what?" I laughed at his expression

"Bite your lip when you're nervous" he leant in placing a small peck on my lips.

"Tom there's something I need to tell you?" I felts my eyes welling up

"What is it?" He asked not expecting anything bad.

"The wedding..." I trailed off

"We've talked about this! He isn't right for you! You told me how distant you've become lately" His face seemed uninterested

"What choice do I have Tom? I have my life planned out. I've known Harry since I was 19 I can't just throw everything away" I stood up noticing the pain in his eyes

"So what are you doing here then? With me? Why do you tell me you love me if you love him?" He raised his voice

"I don't know" I said without realising. I knew was lying. I wanted to tell him I was here because I love him. Loved him more than Harry, and I couldn't live without him.

"The wedding is in a few days tom" I finally admitted

"What the fuck do you mean a few days?" He shouted making me flinch

"This Saturday" I bit the inside of my cheek. His fists slammed in the dining room table. For the first time I feared him.

"How could you?" His eyes teared up "how could you use me like that?" He shouted but I couldn't reply. I simply picked up my bag and coat before storming out of his house.

The day of the wedding I was getting my makeup done by the artist we had booked. Every time I looked in the mirror I felt motionless.I had help slipping on my enormous dress. I hated it. Harry thought it looked beautiful on me...

Once we finished I took one final look in the mirror

Once we finished I took one final look in the mirror. I wasn't nervous. I was scared and guilty.
"Ready?" Paul Harry's father asked. I had asked him to walk me down the isle since I had no father of my own. I nodded at his question. I held my breath as I pulled my veil over my face. Paul took my hand leading me towards the the reception. The feeling of my whole body trembling beneath my gigantic dress made Paul notice my nervousness.
"It'll be over soon" his posh English accent didn't calm my nerves. Once the faint oak doors opened revealing our guests dressed beautifully in fancy clothes. Harry stood at the altar with his hands behind his back, a smile grew across his lips but I didn't return. As classical music started to play I felt myself following Paul like a lost puppy. The closer and closer I got the more I regretted each and every second till finally I was standing before my future husband.
"You look beautiful" he whispered as he took a hold of my shaking hand. I found myself looking at the floor instead of Harry. The priest started talking, tears started falling from my eyes.
"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Harry Wilkinson and Anjette Carsle in matrimony commended to be honorable among all" I started day dreaming. I didn't want to be here. Here with Harry. I wanted to be here with Tom. I missed him so much.
"let them speak now or forever hold their peace." He priest knocked me out of my daydream. The room fell silent only the sobs from Harry's parents could be heard. Tears running down my face uncontrollably, hidden by my veil.
"Now for the vows" the priest smiled at Harry as he took out a piece of paper.
"I, Harry Wilkinson take you, Anjette Carsle to be my wife my friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." He folded the piece of paper and shoving it back in his pocket.
"And now for the bride" the priest looked at me with a warming smile. I felt everyone's eyes turn to me. Silence fell again.
"Angie?" Harry whispered as the embarrassment was plastered on his face. I pull the veil off my head and throwing it in the ground.
"I can't do this" I admitted, pools forming in my eyes.
"What do you mean you can't do this?" He tried to take my hand but I pulled away. Gasps leaving from our guests
"I can't marry you, I'm sorry" I pick up my dress running through the decorated reception and our into the pouring rain. That was the thing about the uk it always rained no matter the season. I was running as fast as my legs could carry me, letting the tears fall freely as I did so. I had lost my heels on the way to my destination, my feet occasionally splashing through puddles. When I finally arrived I pressed the doorbell as many times as I could, waiting for an answer.
"Angie what the hell-" I cut him off by looking at my soaking wet wedding dress and frozen feet.
"I couldn't do it, I couldn't marry him" I looked up
into the same green eyes
"Why not?" He asked but he knew the answer
"Because I love you and I always have" I forced a smile as his one grew. He pressed his lips desperately on mine moving them in sync. When we broke he scanned my face.
"Come in you nutter, you look a mess" he laughed before stepping aside
"For what it's worth... I'm glad you didn't marry him. Because I love you too" he wrapped his strong arms around my cold wet body.