School Reunion (part 2)

I wasn't a morning person. Sometimes I wondered how I managed to get too work everyday.I took a quick shower and changed into this before rushing towards the front door. Harry was normally asleep when I would leave for work so I would leave him in peace. I haven't been myself lately, ever since I attended the school reunion my mind always found itself wandering. But Harry proposed on my birthday, it was so special for him but I didn't feel as excited as him about it. Maybe it was just nerves right?

The hustle in the mornings were the worst here in the UK

The hustle in the mornings were the worst here in the UK. Getting to work on public transport was a killer! After two trains and a bus I arrived into work as I was greeted by my co workers who seemed just as enthusiastic as me... note the sarcasm

I'm responsible for the forensic examination of all crime scenes, it was a hard job at times you needed to get into the mind of a criminal but I enjoyed it. Ever since I was little I was always a goody two shoes never got into trouble. what better job to have when all I wanted to do was help people.

"Jason wants to see you in his office" Becca shouted from her desk. That was unusual. Jason was head of Forensics. No one barely ever saw him. I prodded up to his office knocking on the door before entering.

"I heard you wanted to talk to me?" I asked the blonde haired man. He sat behind his desk with a serious face.

"Take a seat Anjette" His face looked serious. I sat down awkwardly grasping onto my bag

"Recently we haven't been getting the results that we used to. So many cases have gone cold because we haven't found the right evidence" He said which annoyed me a little

"How is that my fault? you know I do my best on every case" I asked but he didn't seem bothered about my frustration

"Trying your best isn't good enough! You've failed to find the right evidence within the last few cases, we haven't been able to arrest anyone or charge anyone for the crimes they have committed" He looked through a folder

"So what are you implying?" I furiously asked knowing the answer 

"you're fired" He slammed the folder shut and leant back in his chair. at this point I wanted to strangle him but I wasn't a violent person at heart.

"Whatever" I stormed out of his office and out of the building keeping my composure. I was smacked in the face with a gust of wind which calmed my nerves what was I going to do? me and Harry were planning on a wedding this summer and now that I've been fired we're not going to be able to afford it. I walked to the nearby coffee shop keeping my tears in their rightful place. This was the place where me and Harry first met, I ordered a black coffee and sat by the window. I would stare at the cup getting lost in the patterns on it.

"Angie" A male cockney accent nearly made me spit out my coffee.

"Tom" I smiled weakly. he was a little confused with my reaction