Chapter 36- The Trip

"You're making a huge mistake!" Nicole's mom yells running down the stairs towards the door. She pushes her back up against it and presses her arms down around the handle and the hinges, using all of her force she has to keep it closed.

Hot and heavy tears stream down the sides of Nicole's face as she struggles to pull her half zipped suitcases down the staircase without spilling any of it. Her struggle would have succeeded if the latch of one of her sandals hadn't suddenly come undone. It got caught on the bottom of one of her bags, sending her tumbling down the rest of the way. She quickly recovers her balance and limps in the direction of her mom.

"You can't keep me from living my life anymore!" she shouts, taking a deep breath between each word. She gasps for air as she attempts to lift the heavy bags over a rug in front of the door. The instant they hit the ground, she rests the weight of her body on top of them to try to regain all her energy she was going to need for this fight.

"I wish I had raised you better," her mom says with great disappointment in her voice. "This man can't love you for the right reasons, can't you see? He's nearly fifteen years older than you!" She removes one of her hands off the door and places it over her chest and begins to cry.

Nicole groans in frustration while gritting her teeth together. "He's not like that mother. Ben is a good guy, and he loves me. He truly loves me." She puts the back of her hand up to her damp cheek and smears away any leftover tears. She then grips the luggage firmly in her hands and lifts them up off the ground up to her sides. "This is my decision to go with him. I'm eighteen now, and I'm making my first choice as an adult, and that is to be with Ben even if that means leaving you." Nicole pushes her body and bags in the direction of the door, causing her mother to have no other choice but to move out of the way.

Her mom knew this was how it was going to be from now on. Separation between them. Never being able to come to an agreement on how this situation should be handled. After moving out of the way for her daughter to open the door and leave, she collapses on the ground and begins to sob. Sobbing because she has lost her daughter. She had lost the one person that actually had remained in her life until now. This sobbing lasted for hours afterward, and that was something Nicole would never end up knowing.

"I'm finally free," Nicole whispered to herself as she was driving down the road with her luggage in the back seat. She sighs with relief as she turns the corner that leads directly to Benedict's flat. As she pulls in she notices the lights weren't on, which seemed a bit unusual.
She glances down at her phone and notices there's a text message from Ben.

*
Just went and picked up a little something I needed to get. I've also got some exciting news! I'll be there in five minutes tops! Love, you and can't wait to see you <3
*

"Hmm, I wonder what news could be?" Nicole thinks to herself.

After a few minutes have passed, car headlights  slowly but surely pull up into the driveway all the way up to where she is parked. She waited until the car was no longer moving before she grabbed her luggage out of her own car to be able to throw into the back of his.

"Hello, darling!" Benedict shouts enthusiastically as he jumps in front of her to help take her bags she was obviously struggling to carry herself. He quickly lays a kiss on the side of her cheek and looks at her with a smile from one end of his face to the other.

"Well don't you just look super excited for this trip this morning," Nicole giggles.

"Well, of course I am excited!! Aren't you?" He asks.