Chapter 14- It's Official

"I hear your mom is planning some kind of special dinner tonight," Amanda says while closing her locker.

"Word travels fast around here, doesn't it?" Nicole smirks throwing her bag over her shoulder.

"Only when I'm here it does." She pulls Chapstick out from her purse and applies it by looking at her reflection in the hallway window. "What's the occasion?"

Nicole checks the phone message from her mom that explains the night in details.

"She wants to have a late celebration for my elected position as the teacher's assistant."

Amanda's eyes widen.

"Don't tell me... did your mom invite, you know who?"

Nicole gives her best impression of a straight smile.

"Shut up, this is crazy!" Amanda gasps. "You, your mom, and Benedict all in the same room together?! It's like I can already feel the tension."

"She wants to personally thank the man who made all this capable." Nicole rolls her eyes. "This night is going to be absolutely terrible. We have to keep our relationship hidden from her or else all hell will break loose." She sighs releasing her nerves.

Amanda tries to be encouraging. "Don't stress about this. You guys are clearly capable of keeping a secret this big. No one will ever know except you, him, and me."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Nicole looks down at the time on her phone. It's 3:05 pm.

"Time to meet Benedict?" Amanda asks.

"Time to meet Benedict." Nicole says smiling.

"Text me later," She waves.

Nicole brushes out the wrinkles in her Twenty One Pilots shirt and knocks on Benedict's open classroom door with the back of her hand.

"Come in." He says firmly.

"And close the door behind you," He adds with a big smile and bright eyes once he sees it's her.

Nicole struts over to his desk and lays down her bag. Without waiting for a second, he jumps up out of his desk chair onto his feet and goes in swiftly for a kiss.

"I've missed you," he says slowly rubbing his hands up and down her waist. He caresses her cheek with soft kisses and glides his lips back to hers. He focuses most of his attention on her bottom lip. "You are definitely worth the 8 hour school day wait."

Nicole can feel his lips move into a smile as he kisses her.

His voice was groggy and tired, and his breathing was heavy. Probably from a long day's work.

She kisses him back and gently pulls away. "We've been sneaking around to see each other for a few days now, and I was wondering... are we in an official relationship?" She asks playing with his curls that came loose from the natural curvature of his hairline.

"You mean, like boyfriend and girlfriend, is that what you're asking?" He holds her out in front of him wrapped in his arms.

"Well, yeah," She says pondering on it for only a second.

He lays his head on top of hers and hugs her tightly.