Chapter 1- The Bar

"Come on Nicole, It's senior year! We have to celebrate," argues Nicole's best friend Amanda.

"Of course we should celebrate, but I'm not so sure going to a bar would be a very good idea considering we are only 17," replies Nicole.

"Well that's not a problem because according to our new ID's we are both 21," she says giving Nicole a mischievous smirk.

"This is totally illegal, but you only live once I guess..."

"There's the spirit! Now follow my lead. We can't let anyone know that we are outsiders, so act cool."

Nicole follows Amanda through the doors to the bar still feeling a bit apprehensive to the whole thing. She watches as Amanda struts across the bar floor in her 4 inch platform heels that matches her small bodycon black dress, with her golden bracelets clinking against each other with every step. The way Amanda is dressed did not surprise Nicole since her father is the richest man in all of Rockchester. Nicole looks down at her clothes admiring her little jean skirt that has a hole towards the bottom, and her blue shirt that's a size too small. Her clothes don't look half as nice as Amanda's do, but that doesn't bother her too much.

They show their ID's to the bartender as he looks over them very intensely. Nicole stares at the floor hoping he won't look at her or else she might freak out and totally blow the whole thing.

After a few short seconds, which feel like forever, the bartender returns the ID's and offers them both a drink.

Nicole looks back up feeling relieved, only to notice a man staring her down. He gives her a sort of sexy smoldering stare that makes her feel butterflies in her stomach.

"Um, Nicole I can see you blushing. What's going on?" Asks Amanda with a wide grin spread across her face that lets Nicole know she has already spotted the guy that is staring her down.

"This guy over there won't stop staring at me." She pushes her hair behind her ear feeling embarrassed. Attention like this is new to her. She hasn't had a guy look at her like this for what seems like a while.

"I can totally tell! He can't take his eyes off of you! You should go over there and talk to him." Amanda raises her eyebrows.

"What!? No, that's just crazy. I'll just act like I can't see him."

"Well, I think it's a bit too late for that..." Amanda mockingly bats her eyes. "Looks as if he's making his way over here right now." She casually struts over to the other end of the bar to give them some privacy.

Nicole can feel that her face is beaming with a bright shade of crimson, and her heart pace is increasing rapidly with each step he takes closer to where she is sitting.  

"Hello darling," He says in a deep booming voice with a heavy British accent.

"..H..h..hi," Nicole stutters, barely getting the word to come out of her mouth.

"My name is Benedict. I apologize for staring but I couldn't help myself. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you are the most breathtakingly beautiful woman I have ever seen."

Nicole can't stop blushing. She's certain at this point everyone inside the bar can tell.

"That may be one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me before. My name's Nicole."

"So Nicole, what's your profession?" Benedict asks with an adorable expression on his face.

"I-I'm a writer," Nicole answers quickly off the top of her head. It was the first thing that popped into her mind considering that is what she is hoping to major in college.