Chapter 29- Coffee?

Nicole let's out a peaceful sigh. "This feels so right."

"What does, baby?" Benedict asks.

She rubs her cheek against his and snuggles closer to his body. "Just being able to lay here in your arms on your sofa. I feel like I could do this all day."

"And I know you definitely would if I gave you the chance," he smirks while running his fingers through her long dark hair.

She slides her hand behind his head to the nape of his neck and places her lips gently on his. Every time she kisses him it feels like the first. Sparks fly with every touch of their skin. Their connection is strong, and both of them can feel it.

"Hey," he smiles pulling his lips away from hers. He raises his left eyebrow slightly higher than his right. "What do you say about getting some coffee?"

She nods her head eagerly. "That sounds great actually. How about from that one little café downtown?"

Benedict furrows his brows as he tries to recall what café she is talking about. He puts his finger up to his lip and nods as soon as it comes to him. "Oh, you mean that one we tried to meet at when I made you my assistant."

"Yes, that one!" she says enthusiastically.

He moves his hand up to her face, rests it on her cheek, and looks deep into her eyes. "Sweetie, you do remember what happened when we went last time, right?"

"You... left me there alone, right?" she asks acting as if she doesn't remember one of the most heartbreaking moments of her life. She rolls her eyes and moves closer to his face until her breath was brushing against his lips. "But, not all the memories there are bad you know. There's one particularly fond one I have in mind."

"And what's that?" he asks shifting his gaze up and down repeatedly from her eyes to her lips.

She glides her fingers smoothly from his chest up to his neck and turns her voice into a soft whisper.

"That was the first time we kissed."

He smirks and lets out a low moan. "Oh, right, I think I do remember that now. How could I forget that?"

After a few seconds of heavy tension filled glances back and forth at each other's lips, Benedict throws himself forward causing their lips to collide with the same exact passion as their first kiss. Nicole buries her fingers deep into his dark curly hair and grips onto the longer strands as a way to pull him closer. He tentatively lets his tongue trace her bottom lip, and she opens her mouth to let it enter. Their tongues dance around with each other for a few seconds, but pull apart long enough for them to both catch their breath.

He leans back and looks admiringly into her eyes. "Okay, I think we should go get our coffee, now" he laughs breathlessly. She smiled and gives his lips one last peck before she stands up to regain her composure. She walks across his living room space and grabs their coats that were lying on top of his leather ottoman by his fireplace. She hands him his and slides hers on quickly to see if she can still obtain some of the heat it had from sitting close to the fire.

Benedict stands up completely covered in all of his outerwear, and moves to hold open his front door for her to walk out first.

"Are we taking your car or mine?" she asks as they step outside onto the sidewalk.

He tightens his blue knit scarf around his neck and glances over at the direction of his car. "Uh, let's take mine. It's much closer. I'll get the door for you." He turns the key in the lock and pulls on the handle of the passenger door to hold it open for her to get in. She thanks him by kissing him on the cheek before sliding down into the comfortable seats of his Mercedes-Benz. It didn't bother her that he chose his car over hers because in the long run, his car was the better choice. It was also much safer to drive his on the icy roads than hers, and safety always came first to Benedict.