Chapter 34- A Fresh Start

After a couple weeks had passed since Martin last informed Nicole about Benedict's condition, Nicole had been over to Benedict's house nearly every day. She had started to get him back onto the right track. She took away any and all access to alcohol, and had been doing her best to put him into a better mood. She realized that it wasn't as hard as she thought it was going to be since all he really wanted was to be with her once again. Being separated and basically isolated from each other for a month had taken away his will and motivation to do anything with his life, including going to his new job at the college. He had no idea of when he would ever be able to see her again. Luckily, Nicole had been able to escape from her house every night without her mom noticing, and was able to be there for him.

It was now a Friday evening, and Nicole had convinced her mom that she was going to stay at Amanda's house for the night in order to go meet with him secretly. She knows that if her mother would ever find out she was lying, she would practically become disowned. But this is a risk she is willing to take. She's young and in love, and couldn't be any happier. It's at the top of her priorities to be with Benedict, especially at a time like this when he needs her most.

As the night grows dimmer, Nicole bundles her scarf around her neck and walks up the first few steps that lead up to his flat. She glances around cautiously before knocking a couple times on his door. She becomes very anxious as she hears his footsteps shuffling against his floor on the other side. Suddenly, he swings open the door forcefully and pulls her inside before anyone could see. He wraps his hands around the small of her back and pushes his body up against hers sending a wave of shock throughout her entire body.

"Hello, darling" he purrs in a low seductive voice. A smirk appears on the corner of his mouth. He kicks the door shut with his foot and pushes her body up against it gently, but with much intensity.

"Mmm," she hums in a satisfied tone. She smiles with pleasure as her lips sink into his.

"I've missed you so much, baby girl," he says rubbing his hands up and down her waist. He slightly pushes himself away from her and looks her body up and down. "And, can I just say that you look breathtakingly beautiful today."

Nicole looks coyly down at her feet and smiles. "Why, thank you Ben," she says as she pushes her hair behind her ear. Even though this wasn't the first time he had complimented her, she still gets a bit embarrassed. She still cannot believe a man actually thinks she's worth taking a second look at.

"So, I was wondering Nicole..." he says while taking her hand and guiding her over to his couch. He sets her down and sits beside her with their legs leaning inwards towards each other. "Would you maybe want to go away with me next week when you turn eighteen?"

She sits there with her mouth hung open, but words do not escape.

He quickly jumps back in to finish what he was saying. "Of course, I mean, like on a vacation- together - just you and me."

"Oh, right, right. Of course," she says nodding, fully understanding of what he is saying.

He stares at her blankly and leans forward hoping for a good response. "So... what do you say?" he asks with a soft smile on his face.

She takes his hand into hers and squeezes it ever so slightly. A big smile appears on her face. "I'd love to go on vacation with you Benedict!"

A wave of relief fills his mind as he immediately stands up and starts doing tiny dances around in circles in front of the couch. "Yes!" he chants over and over.

Nicole can't help but laugh at how adorable she thinks he is, even when he is being maybe one of the biggest dorks ever. Although, she isn't going to tell him to quit acting the way he is because this may just be the happiest she's seen him in the past month.