Chapter 5- Nice Save

Nicole felt her heart drop as she realized what she had just done. By now, he more than likely already started grading the tests. She was speechless. She couldn't move, think, or even breath.

What's going to happen to me if he's seen that I put his last name as mine?- she thought frantically as her body slowly began to wake up out of its state of shock.

Okay, okay. I can't go back in there now because his second class of the day will begin in any minute- she stood in the middle of the hallway pondering. I've got it! I'll sneak into his classroom during lunch when all the teachers will be in the teacher's lounge. Then I'll find my test and change the name before he sees. Simple as that!- she thought proudly of herself and sighed in relief.

Nicole left the hallway and entered her next class as soon as the bell rang.

-------

When lunchtime finally came around, Nicole knew it was time to put her plan into action. But before doing so, Amanda caught up to her in the cafeteria. She figured that it might be a good idea to add an extra person to the plan as a door watcher to make sure no one would catch them in action.

"Hey, Nicole!", Amanda shouted making her way over to the lunch table Nicole was sitting at.

"Amanda, I hate to bring up the past, but do you remember that night at the bar?", Nicole asked in a hushed tone to make sure it remained a secret.

"Of course I do, I don't forget anything. Why are you asking?" She suddenly gasped, "Oh, is it about that one really attractive guy that talked to you?? You two really hit it off!"

"Well, about him. It's actually something terrible. You won't believe it. He is my freaking English teacher!", Nicole began to shout but transformed it to a whisper.

Amanda's mouth dropped. "This just got interesting really quick", she said leaning forward in order to hear more.

Nicole knew that the gossip was all that Amanda was interested in at the moment, but as the time was ticking away, so was their chance to sneak into the classroom. They needed to hurry upstairs if they were going to make it in time.

"Amanda, I promise I will fill you in on all the details later, but right now I really need you as a friend who is willing to help out another friend in need", Nicole said.

"Why, what did you do? Did you and Benedict get together? Because if you did, Nicole, that's so not like you! You've never done anything remotely dangerous in your entire life", Amanda said in surprise.

"No, why would you ask that? That's way too dangerous and could get us both into a lot of trouble. Besides, I don't think he likes me in that way anymore", Nicole said in a sort of a somber tone. "I need your help because I need to sneak into his classroom and find my test I took earlier."

"So you're a cheater now?" She laughed loudly. "Trying to change some of your answers, I presume."

"Um, yeah. That's what I'm doing", Nicole said in agreement in order to hide the truth about her still having feelings for Benedict even though their relationship would be strictly forbidden.

Both of the girls casually walked passed the teacher's lounge without any of them noticing. That was easy, Nicole thought. They were capable of being sly enough to make a safe route all the way from the cafeteria to Mr. Cumberbatch's classroom. The door was already open and unlocked giving them a huge advantage.

Nicole stopped in front of the door and turned to face Amanda who looked more eager than ever. This is the type of excitement she lived for.

"Alright, the plan is you stand guard here in the doorway and I will go find my test... change my answer, and then leave like we were never here. Got it?", Nicole asked hoping she sounded convincing.