The bliss of being alone

By 3pm the party was already in full swing. Simon was right about inviting everyone his new friends know. A house full of drunk teenagers who don't give a shit about breaking anything. They have the money to replace it.

I gulp down the rest of the wine bottle and look around my room. Hiding away in here so just for 10 minutes I don't have to put on a front. I just want the bliss of being alone.

Standing up I grip the bottle in my right palm and unlock my door with my left hand. Time to party.

I go down stairs to find Simon and him socialising with a group of guys. He seemed pretty friendly with them, like he's spoke to them before today.

"Hey." I take a breath and stand next to Simon.

"Guys this is my friend josh I was telling you about." Simon introduced me to the guys, "This is JJ, Harry and Ethan."

"So your the guy that pretty boy here talks about none stop." The boy JJ laughs.

"Erm..."

"I heard about Simons party's from my brother over in England." JJ smiled brushing off my awkwardness, "Apparently one time someone got so drunk they broke into a helicopter and people was hanging into the bottom before the police showed up."

"That was pretty funny." Simon laughed, I was one of the people hanging on the bottom, "Now helicopter use is banned when I throw a party. I haven't even sorted a helicopter for over here yet."

"You guys really need to." Harry piped up, "And I nearly died flying one drunk when I was 15."

"I'm going to go get myself something else to drink." I mutter as an excuse to leave the conversation, this is seeming to go down the typical money road, I really don't want to seem out of place.

"Alright Josh."

I walk off and open the fridge pulling out a can of beer. Fuck this give me my bliss.

Authors note

I may not update tomorrow because my friend is coming down today and I haven't got a chapter prewritten. I will probably write it tonight but that's just a heads up just incase.

Hugs, kisses and peace ✌🏻️