Fake confidence

I lean against the wall next to Simon breathing heavily. The room seems to be swaying, every time I blink it only gets worse.

"You alright?" Simons voice low and full of concern as I nod making my vision worse, "I'm too sober for this."

"Who are you?" Me and Simon look up to see a small boy standing their.

"I'm Simon and this is Josh."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Vikk." He said, "So your new."

"Yeah we are."

"Okay." That ends out short introduction.

I stay leaning against the wall my anxiety through the roof, this seems so much easier on paper. I thought I was awkward at party's but right now I must stick out like a sore thumb, maybe I'm not as different to Simon as I originally through. I can't believe I used to think that I didn't fit in with my peers and that I would be more suited to a normal childhood. If only I knew I was about to be thrown into that life, I would have never taken that for granted and I won't once I get my old life back.

I will get my old life back?

This all feels fake, forced. None of this seems like it's meant to be. I don't feel like I'm meant to be. I don't feel like me.

It feels like I'm watching everything happen but I'm not in my own body. I can control my arms and legs but my mind isn't their. I'm just numb. I'm just watching I'm on everything I'm not really part of anything that's going on right now. I just observe.

I just watch and see how this plays out. I just watch and see how bad this turns. I just watch and see how badly we're screwed.

The bell rings and people start flowing through the door, "I guess we go in now."

"Come on Josh, we can do this." It sounded more like Simon was trying to convince himself that it's true more than me.

"Yeah this is going to be fine, it will be a fun learning experience." I lie, "And once everything's back to normal it will be great."

"Yeah that's a good way to think of it." We walk into the almost full classroom, "Learning experience until everything goes back to normal."

"Are you the new boys then?" The teacher asked.

"We are." I put on that fake confidence Simon has mastered.

"Take your pick of seats." I look at Simon and he walks over to the two in the middle row, dead in the centre of everything.

Great. It looks like Simons going to try and socialise. I don't understand why it can't just be us two. Why does he need to find other friends.

It's the official day one of being poor. Wish me luck.

Authors note

I uploaded validate me please. Search sky gray on YouTube my channel should come up.

Not to be emo but all time low are more than just a band to be. That Baltimore dude group saved my life.

Hugs, kisses and peace ✌🏻