Chapter 27

Two Years Later

I looked back at my reflection in the mirror. After everything that had happened I thought this day would never come. I glanced down at my white lace dress that swirled around my knees. My hair was lightly curled and makeup was perfectly placed, curtsey of Desiret.

After long debates and many restless nights both Miles and Desiret had somehow convinced there parents to allow them to move into town. They were lucky to have such understanding parents because I could only imagine the mess if they had left their mates. Miles quickly accepted being with Octavia and now they were hardly ever far apart and then there was Desiret and Troy. They fought like two rabid dogs and often threatened the other. No matter how many times they fought or what they fought about Desiret always came out on top. Even though they always seemed at each other's throats they did care for one another. I once thought how could the Moon Goddess mate Desiret to that idiot, but I realized Desiret was probably the only one who could handle Troy.

And then there was me and Derek. After the battle with the hunters we had fixed all the holes that are relationship contained. We spent hours running through the woods and he taught me how to properly control my wolf. I even convinced Derek to let me return home to a more than livid Uncle. He was just about to lock me in my room for the rest of my life and shoot down Derek the second he had the chance. I spent almost a year trying to prevent the two from killing each other.

As for the remaining two problems I didn't find out what fate had in store for them till a couple of days ago when I once again brought up Lana. At first Derek was livid and flipped the whole dining room table as he yelled at me to stop comparing myself to the things they had once shared. That was when he proceeded to explain she would never be a problem again, because she was dead. When I had been lying to Derek about going to Nick's and he became distant disappearing for a couple days he had spent that time with her. However, not in any sort of romantic way, something more along the lines of crushing her lungs and letting her bleed out and struggle to breathe. As for the other chained up pet, Rune had somehow escaped and ran off. Just yesterday we had finally heard of his location. Rune had been found in Germany dead, wolf bites covering his neck. Derek told me not to worry about it because Rune had a lot of enemies and one had no doubt caught up with him.

"Lauren, would you hurry up or you're going to be late." I looked at the mirror one last time and grabbed my cap and gown that was hanging on my closet door. Uncle was waiting outside my bedroom door a camera in his hand. As soon as the door was fully opened he snapped a picture. I laughed at him shaking my head. "Desiret and Mile are going to meet us there. They just left a little while ago. It's so great that the three of you are graduating together, even if their parents were crazy to let them live with Derek's family."

"Uncle we talked about this, you are going to play nice with Derek today. For me Uncle, please just let it go." He rolled his eye and I shook my head in frustration. We hurried down the stairs and we got in Uncle's sliver Mustang. He flew down the road towards the school were everyone would be gathering. We pulled into the parking lot and Derek was waiting for me at the entrance. Uncle gave him a death glare and I wacked him in the side.

"Charlie."

"Derek." Both men were being absolutely ridicules as the squared off. Katy came running out of the school and straight to me. Her long white gown blowing open showing off her silky white dress and her cap securely placed on top of her head. She grabbed my hand and started pulling me inside.

"Come on Lauren, if you don't get in now they won't let you walk." I followed behind her as we took our seats in alphabetical order. As the principle headed to the middle of the stage to give some long boring speech I let my mind wander. After all the school I missed I was sure that I would have been held back. My Junior year of high school was a bit chaotic, but after spending many days in lunch studies and tutoring sessions after school I was able to make up the grades. As for my Senior year it was a blast, taking only a couple of classes to get the little remaining credits I had left.

Miles being the first of us got a loud cheer from Octavia who was finally allowed out of the house. Ashling and Uncle also joined in but not so loud. On the other end of the stands I heard clapping that caught my attention. In the crowd I saw Miles parents and younger sister. I was glad they had come. Desiret's parents sat in with our conglobated group and were busy talking off Troy's ears. Then Desiret's name was called and she crossed the stage. "Yeah that's my girl!" I heard Troy holler from the stands as Desiret froze on the stage. Even from this distance I could tell she was shooting daggers with those eyes and Troy was going to get it after this. Then it was my turn to walk to the stage. Everything seemed quite and I couldn't hear the cheers of the other parents as their children's name was called. The stage was right in front of me, three steps were all I had left. This was it the end of high school and now only one thought was left. What next?

My name slipped out of the principle's lips as I ascended the stairs. Cheers came from Uncle and Desiret's parents as the hollered in excitement. Then a loud and excited howl came from Derek and it quickly spread around the stadium. I saw people I didn't know joining in and even some of the students. As I grabbed the diploma in my shaking hand I gazed up to my family. Octavia was howling just as loud as Derek and even Troy had joined in. I was not just a high school graduate, I was Luna of a pack of werewolves, I was a leader. I smiled widely as I walked across the rest of the stage. As I descended the stairs the howls died down. I walked with a new sense of confidence.

The rest of the graduation was a blur as Derek and I sat talking through our pack link. Once Miles and Desiret were mated they too would be able to join are telepathic conversations. "Meet by the bleachers when they release you." Derek linked.

"Why?" I questioned, my mind ran over the possibilities of why he would want to meet me alone. Everyone else would be standing in the parking lot at the front of the school waiting for my friends and I.

"It's a surprise, just indulge me." I agreed to do as he asked laughing at all the secrecy. Derek was such a funny person and he would rather cover his intensions in mystery rather than just telling me. When the rambunctious students were finally dismissed I ran out the back towards the bleachers. There, waiting in the shadows, was Derek. He smiled widely as I ran into his open arms. I kissed him gently as he lifted me off the ground and spun around with me in his arms. "Hello my beautiful adult, how does it feel to leave behind your childhood?" I smiled meekly at his question. I had no real answer for him, what was I going to do now?

"I'm nervous, I don't know where I'm going from here and it worries me."

"Then let me help you see a future." Derek dropped to the ground on one knee. He reached into his back pocket pulling out a small velvet box. My eyes widened and I felt my heart stop. He locked eyes with me as he lifted the lid. Perfectly placed in between two pieces of velvet foam sat the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. Two silver bands were woven together like vines that swirled into tiny leaves that clung to a sparkling diamond. "Lauren, will you marry me."

"Yes."

A/N: 

Hey guys thanks for reading my first ever book. This book has been a big part of my life and it is bitter sweet to see it end. And yes this is the end for these characters. I hope you are all satisfied with the ending and look for my new stories that will be coming out soon. I have a lot of projects going right now and I am really excited to get them out to you. Till the next time we meet, stay wolfy.