Chapter 12

"Wake up guys, get your lazy butts out of bed." Octavia's voice came booming into the quite room waking me from my slumber. I groaned burying my face into the pillow. Not once did I have a bad dream since going back to bed and wasn't really keen on getting up yet. "Come on guys get up, mom made breakfast."

"Shut up Octavia and leave us alone." Derek took his pillow and chucked it at her head. He flopped back down hiding his face in my pillow. He had his arm lazily draped across my back. Octavia ran at the bed and jumped on it like a five year old. She didn't aim at all and came down hard on my leg. I yelped at the quick pain that shot up my leg. Octavia jumped off the bed as Derek swiped his arm at her. "Are you okay Lauren?"

"I'm fine it wasn't really anything." Derek threw off the sheets and examined my leg. The spot where Octavia's knee connected was already starting to bruise. Derek shot daggers at Octavia. "Really Derek it's nothing." I stroked his arm to calm him.

"She bruised you. If it wasn't for..."

"Derek hush, I said I was fine now let it go." I pushed him back down on the bed and jumped out before he could stop me. I wrapped my arm around Octavia's and we walked out of the room.

"Oh my god, I thought Derek was going to kill me. Are you sure you're okay it looked like it was already bruising." Octavia said as she led me to the kitchen down stairs.

"I'm fine, I've had worse things happen to me and this was nothing compared to that." We turned the corner entering the kitchen. Ashling was standing by the stove and smiled at us when we walked in.

"I see you've calmed down and are making friends." She said referring to Octavia as my friend and she kind of was.

"Friends don't hurt friends." Derek's deep voice came from behind us. He moved himself in between me and Octavia and she moved away to stand next to her mother. I glared at Derek as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Derek don't be over dramatic, if Lauren was really hurt she wouldn't have come down with Octavia." Just then someone's phone started ringing. I jumped at the sound and then realized it was my phone, but where was it. Derek pulled it out of his pocket and looked at who was calling. He growled and I could only guess it was Miles. I snatched the phone away from him before he could hang up. Once in my hands I slid my finger across the screen to answer the call.

"Hey Lauren, I heard your truck broke down. Did you get it fixed?" Derek hovered around me like a guard dog and I stepped into the hall so I could talk to Miles without him near me.

"Yeah, Katy took me to her mechanic and insisted I stay over. I'm sorry that I wasn't home, but you know crap happens."

"Yeah, my car has broken down a couple times making me change my whole day. So are you coming back now?"

"In a little bit I just got up and De... Katy's mom made breakfast so I'm going to eat before I leave. I'll see you in a little bit, bye." I hung up the phone before Miles could say anything else and went back into the kitchen.

"You almost slipped up and you would have had to tell your little boyfriend you spent the night with a real man." Derek was sitting at the kitchen island and his voice was deep trying to hold back his growls. Everyone else froze at the mention of a boyfriend.

"What the heck Derek, you were listening!"

"Werewolf remember, I would have been able to hear you and that... your friend in any room in the house. Besides does it even matter?"

"Yes it does and I wouldn't have almost slipped up about where I was if you hadn't kidnapped me!" Ugh why did he always have to make everything so difficult, talk about overprotective. I sat down at the island and didn't look at Derek the whole time. Ashling served us and I thanked her. Octavia sat on my right and Ashling sat in between me and Derek. I heard him grumbling under his breath and Ashling smacked him in the back of the head. I held in a laugh and quickly put a hand over my mouth just in case it came rising to the surface. Derek quite grumbling and we ate our food in silence. When we had all finished I thanked Ashling and said goodbye. I went back to Derek's room to change back into my clothes. Octavia followed me and Derek out of the house.