Chapter 15

I felt cold and I could barely feel my own body, but I felt the cold. Then pain shot through my entire body. It felt like my bones were breaking and shifting inside of me. I couldn't open my eyes as my body began to move uncontrollably. Unbearable pain shot though my body and I screamed out in pain, but it wasn't a scream that came out, it was a howl. I fell off of whatever I was on and before I hit the ground I landed on my hands and feet. The pain stopped when I hit the ground. I looked down at my hands and fell back when I saw paws instead. I looked back and saw brown and white fur covering my body. Then I saw it, a very long and furry tail. I jumped up and stared spinning to make sure it was really there.

I heard noises coming from behind a big metal door. I looked around the room. The thing I had fallen off of was a big metal table and a white sheet was lying on the floor next to it. I jumped up putting my front paws on the table. I saw blood on the table were my back had most likely been moments before. I looked around the room and found more tables and the wall was filled with little metal doors. I was in a morgue, but how did I get here.

The door opened and I froze. Nick and Charlie walked in and they stared back at me. Charlie's eyes were swollen as if he had been crying. Nick reached for his gun and a growl came from deep in my chest before I could stop it. I lost control of my body and it moved without my knowledge. I dropped my front paws off the table and my hackles raised as Nick pointed his gun at me. In a blur I charged at the door knocking both men to the floor. Just as I was about to round a corner Nick fired his gun and the bullet lodged itself into my back leg. I saw a window and jumped head first through it. Glass shattered around me as my paws hit the ground. I ran out into the street and had to jump to avoid being hit by a car. I jumped on the car and looked around to find out where I was. I heard Uncle yell in the hall I just jumped out of. "Where is my niece, where is Lauren!?"

I was at the hospital on the outskirts of downtown. I jumped off the car and ran down the sidewalks. I had to make it to the vet. I felt my leg lose some of its feeling and I knew I needed to get help fast. The vet's office came into view and my back leg completely stopped working. I kept moving letting it drag on the ground. I made it to the back door and collapsed losing feeling in my other back leg. I heard the door open and felt to arms pick me up and carry me inside.

My breathing was labored and I closed my eyes to concentrate. I heard a sizzling noise making its way through my body and I knew it was whatever was in that bullet. Dr. Arden shined a light in my eyes blinding me and then looked down at my markings. "Who are you? I don't recognize your markings." He touched the area around my leg and I gave out a little whine. "It's okay, I'm going to help you, but it's going to hurt." He pulled out the bullet and then put something in the wound that burnt. I felt the burning go into my veins and travel down them. My body shook and I whined as the burning felling traveled through my whole body. After my body stopped shaking Arden went to the phone and dialed someone. "Ashling, its Arden, I have a wolf here but I've never seen her before."

"Really, none of the new members are out. I don't think it's one of our wolves. Arden are you okay, is she up?"

"Yeah, I'm fine and she's been up the whole time. She knew where to come. She was shot with a wolf's bane bullet. Now she's just lying on the table and she's all healed up."

"Okay, I'll send Octavia to look at her."

"Shouldn't Derek be coming, he is the Alpha."

"He's hunting and he won't come. Lauren was killed by Lana and now he's out for blood. I don't think that any of us could reach him." I lifted my head and turned sideways. I wasn't dead I was sitting right here. Arden looked back at me and then turned away showing me his back.

"What color is Lana?" He asked in a whisper, but I could still here him clearly. I could hear everything clearly and some things too clearly.

"She's a grey wolf, why what's going on?" Ashling sounded worried but still had a calm soothing essence.