Chapter 9

Derek's POV:

Lauren's limp form was cradled in my arms as I opened the passenger side door. I slid her in and buckled her in making sure she was in a conferrable position. I took the phone out of her back pocket and found her Uncle's cell number in the contacts. My truck broke down and Katy insisted on sending it to the mechanics, so I will spend the night over here. Tell everyone I'm sorry. Satisfied with the text and looking at the previous ones for inspiration I hit send. I put the phone in the cup holder and drove back to my house. This time I wasn't going to let anyone take Lauren away before she understood the mating bond, not even her.

When I pulled up to the gate Octavia was standing there waiting for me. "Where is Rune?" My words were harsh but not nearly as harsh as what I had planned for him.

"Is that any way to greet you loving sister? Rune left to go pick something up just like you wanted him to, but I don't get why he needed to be gone. And who's truck are you driving I've never seen it before."

"Octavia my intensions for Rune are not your concern and its Lauren's truck. And don't start with me on how I greet my sister when she doesn't know how to greet her Alpha." I walked back to the truck and Octavia got in the back seat.

"Derek when is she going to meet the pack, they need to know that you have found your mate. How do you think she's going to feel if she sees all the she-wolves trying to get in your bed?"

"They will find out when I feel they need to know and as for the females I will keep them at bay." I kept my eyes on the road and Octavia became quite. When I pulled up to the house I saw Troy sitting on the porch of the house and my fists immediately clenched around the steering wheel. "Octavia deal with Troy before I lose my temper."

"What the hell did he do to you Derek? He's our little brother and I know that he gets on your nerves but this is ridicules."

"Do what I tell you Octavia and don't worry about what he did, he's sixteen and can take care of himself." Octavia grumbled and got out of the car to quickly get Troy out of my path.

I got out of the truck and went around to get Lauren. She felt so fragile in my arms and at any moment she would shatter. I grabbed her phone from the cup holder and slid it into my pocket. I'd give it back to her only when I was with her because I didn't need her calling the cops on me. I walked into the house and headed up the stairs. "Derek what's going on?" My mother, Ashling, called before I could make it all the way up the stairs. When I turned around with Lauren in my arms her face went from caring to stern. "What have you done, are you out of your mind? You never kidnap your mate I told you that Derek, have you learned anything?"

"Mom I had no choice she was freaking out and if it wasn't for Rune she would have been here on her own accord."

"Derek what has your Uncle done, I know my brother and if that poor girl is afraid of him he's done something terrible. Rune has always had a thing for going overboard."

"He killed her parents, but I don't know much more than that. She didn't really talk about."

"Make him pay for it. Bring her up to your room we will make sure she is safe and I will explain everything to her when she wakes up." Ashling followed behind me up to my room. Once in I gently set Lauren on the bed. "We should make her more comfortable, she'll get really hot with all that on. I'll go get something out of your sister's room." Lauren had on a thick jacket and long jeans. I carefully pulled them off her not letting my hands linger on her skin to long knowing how she would feel about it. I took the gun she had hidden away and put it on safety. I looked back at Lauren and sighed remembering the last time I had seen this much of her. Ashling walked back in carrying a black tank top and a pair of purple shorts. She helped me get Lauren into them. Then we left the room and I locked it behind me so no one could mess with her while I was away.