five

Sowon's POV

-

"Well, I guess you two know each other." Mrs. Kim says.

"Yeah, we're in the same classes." Seokjin says.

"Oh really? Has my Seokjin been treating you well?" She says.

"Yes." I say.

"If he treats you bad, tell me." She says.

"Okay, I will." I say.

"Mom, it's not like she and I are in a relationship." Seokjin says.

"Still, she's my best friend's daughter." She says.

"Mrs. Shin has a daughter?" He asks.

"Yeah. Seokjin, take Sowon to your room and show her around!" She says.

"Why?!" He whines.

"Be a gentleman and show her your room. She bought you a Mario stuffed toy and plus you two know each other." She says.

"If I'm getting that toy then okay." He says.

I followed Seokjin right upstairs as he leads the way to his room. As I walked in I saw a very large Mario collection. Like really large. It's so weird to actually find out that a guy who stole your chicken has a room filled with Mario. I crack up laughing.

"What?" He says.

Then, I reach up to take a toy that caught my attention. I grabbed that toy real fast.

"Give it back! That one is my favorite!" He yells.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he began to chase me. He was in front of me and I backed up only for the back of my leg to hit his bed. He didn't even realize at all because all that he was focused on was getting his toy back.

Suddenly, I felt the world shift. I then looked up to see what happened. That's when I saw Seokjin on top of me. We both made eye contact for about the longest time. I felt as if I was lost in a trance because of his beautiful eyes. Wait. What am I saying?

"Aren't you going to get off?" I say as I bite my lip out of nervousness.

"Oh, sorry." He says.

The atmosphere became really awkward between the both of us. All I could hear was my heart racing loudly. Why is my heart racing? Could it be that I really like him? Then, all the things that happened between us played in my head again and again.

Seokjin's POV

-

I could feel my heart about to explode right out of my chest. I should've just let her look at the toy. However, I don't think I regret acting that way. Sowon, who are you to shake up my heart?

"Hey, I need to use the bathroom." She says.

"Go straight till the end of the hall and turn left." I say.

"Thanks." She says.

As soon as she left to go to the bathroom, I got up and hopped around. I was honestly really happy. She actually looks so beautiful in that lavender dress. I haven't seen her wear a dress, especially for a girl that can beat you up just for taking her chicken.

I suddenly heard the door of the bathroom close. I quickly hopped onto my bed and took out my phone to pretend I was actually doing something.

Sowon's POV

-

I was walking towards Seokjin's room full of anticipation. I was really happy. I saw him right on his bed on his phone. I let out a small giggle because he was just super cute.

He suddenly starts to smile and at the same time, I feel like my heart was just going to jump out of my chest. I haven't seen that type of smile from him before. I hope I can see it more in the future.

I finally reached to his room. I took out my phone to check the time. 1:30. I guess it was time to go.

"Food thief! I got to go. I have things to do at home." I say.

"Okay, see you at school." He says.

I walk downstairs to the living room. I went to find Mrs. Kim to say goodbye. I spotted her in the kitchen. I believe she was baking some cookies.

"Mrs. Kim, I believe I will have to get going." I say.

"Okay, sweetie. Wait, I'll give you some cookies that I've made." She says.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kim." I say.

"I hope you come again." She says as she hands me a cute pink box with cookies.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kim. I'll enjoy these." I say.

"What in the world is Seokjin doing? He should walk you home." She says.

"No. It's fine, Mrs. Kim. I can walk on my own." I say.

"I can not let you walk on your own." She says.

"Okay, Mrs. Kim." I say as I gave up.

"Seokjin! Walk Sowon home!" She yells.

I immediately heard footsteps running down the steps.

"You ready?" Seokjin asks.

"Hold up. Let me put on my shoes." I say and he nodded in response.

Seokjin opens the door offering for me to walk out first. My heart was beating rapidly. I hope I won't do anything stupid. We walked down the steps and we continued to walk down the street. We both walked side by side with each other. It was really quiet, but I really enjoyed it.

"Yah, do you have to be home right now?" Seokjin interrupts the silence. 

"No, I just didn't want to be a bother to you guys." I say.

"But, you're always bothering me." He says.

"No! You're always the one bugging me! You stole my chicken!" I yell.

"I apologized." He says.

"But still! Chicken is precious to me!" I yell.

"Let's go somewhere." He says.

He didn't give me time to respond. He grabbed my arm and all I could do was follow behind. I felt my heart skip a beat just thinking about his grip on my arm. I suddenly felt his hand grabbing a hold of my hand. Seokjin, you stole my chicken and I hate you. How am I supposed to hate you now?