17. "Would you date a student?"

"Un-de-feat-ed!" The girls chanted once for what seemed like the millionth time this tournament. The only difference being that we actually were undefeated with absolutely no chance of that changing. We had won the tournament.

It didn't even seem real when the game ended and we were well ahead of our opponents. It was a less intense but still very similar feeling to when I had won tournaments. The only difference being that now I was on the sidelines.

So Dinah, Camila, and I ran onto the field, shaking the other team's hands and collecting the trophy. Dinah handed her phone off to someone on the sidelines and demanded at least 50 pictures, including the silly ones she made us take.

It was over as soon as it started, though. Camila joked that the school didn't think we would make it far because we only had time to take a quick shower back at the hotel before we were back on the plane on the way home.

The four-day trip was fun and full of accomplishments (for me, they weren't limited to on the field). However, reality soon had to set in and I don't think any of us wanted to go back.

The girls complained about having to be in school the next day. Dinah complained about the paper work she had. Camila complained about the correction of the assignments she assigned while she was away, stating that the only reason she became a gym teacher was so that she wouldn't have to correct. That one got a laugh out of the girls.

While I was pretty bumped about having to go back to two hour classes in boring Miami after having a taste of what my laid-back undergrad felt like, I was more worried about something else.

'Our little secret' seemed fun and mysterious, plus I knew 'our' stood for Camila and myself. But I didn't know what that entailed when we weren't in a different state and when we weren't trying to convince people we weren't dating.

I tried really hard not to harp on that fact but I also didn't want to over excite myself with made up possibilities. I knew it was good to be optimistic but pessimism by nature is a very difficult thing to combat.

The next time I had a second to breathe, unconsumed by my thoughts, was on the plane. I was sitting between Dinah and Camila this time, Camila taking the window seat, when she leaned over to address both of us.

"Pizza at my house tonight?" She asked. "With Ally and Normani, of course."

"Are you paying?" Was Dinah's first question. I high-fived her.

"I'll take that as a yes." Camila turned to me.

"I don't know why not." I responded, nodding my head. Camila offered me a smile. "Can I ask you guys something that you may not want to answer and don't have to answer?"

"Yeah," Dinah nodded. "For sure."

"I know that when I was going to school here, you guys and Ms Grande were really close. What happened?"

"Oh shit," Camila and Dinah both laughed. "Dinah, wanna explain?"

"Fuck you, Mila." Dinah rolled her eyes teasingly. "I'm straight, right?"

"Sure," I nodded along, not knowing otherwise.

"So is she, but I don't discriminate when it comes to a good time. Basically we were all out clubbing before she had her boyfriend and we kissed a little, not even a make out, when we were beyond drunk. Then, she got together with her boyfriend soon after and distanced herself from all of us."

"I don't even know if they're still together." Camila added.

"But what does you guys kissing and her getting a boyfriend have anything to do with each other?" I asked.