9.Champagne Supernova/No1 Party Anthem/Call It Fate, Call It Karma/Midnight Zone

AN: listen to the songs above!!!

"Lauren," Camila whispered from the back of the van and motioned for me to come closer. I did exactly that as she spoke into my ear. "I'm a lightweight and I'm feeling those shots." She giggled.

We were in the back of the Uber, already having dropped Ally, Dinah, and Normani off at their apartments, heading to a diner. I noticed Camila had gotten a little looser after the two shots we took but she was silent throughout the car ride. It was crazy how three shots and two rum and cokes had such different effects on us.

Sure, I was buzzed, but Camila was a lot more smiley, the type of smile where her tongue was between her teeth. She was a giggling mess for the rest of the ride.

"What's up with you?" I asked, laughing along. She was drawing mindless patterns into the fogged up windows of the van. The Uber driver hasn't said a word to us since we got in the car, silently deciding it would be a quiet ride, so there wasn't much that had been said, but Camila was completely silent.

"I know that you know that I know that I'm a little tipsy." Camila said and it took me a second to understand. She wasn't drunk enough to stumble over her words or anything but she has this cute little voice going on.

"I have a secret," I said and she lit up, all excited. I motioned for her to come closer like she did for me and I tried to keep from laughing. "I knew you were a little drunk before you told me."

Camila pulled back and turned to look at me.

"No you didn't." She shook her head and rested her hands in her lap. I started laughing.

"Yeah, I did."

"No, you only knew 'cause I told you." She shook her head once more.

"Okay, you're right." She wasn't.

Camila nodded her head pridefully like she just got me to admit something big. She was honestly adorable.

"I'm cold." She whispered.

"Do you want me to ask if he could turn the heating up?"

Camila shook her head. "No, I don't think he likes us."

I nodded my head, pretending like I understood what she was talking about.

"I think we're almost there, anyway. The food is going to sober you up." I reassured her.

As I promised, we arrived within minutes at the diner I used to go to as a child. It's retro and run down, but full of character. It's practically head-to-toe red with white and black accents. It's either based on every stereotypical diner in every movie ever or every movie ever is based in the diner.

"Woah." Is all that comes out of Camila as she stands at the front of the restaurant, adjusting her dress. "It's just like the movies."

I laugh because that's exactly what I've thought my whole life. We make ourselves comfortable in a u-shaped booth where Camila insists we sit next to each other in the centre instead of across from each other because the opening faces the large windows that looking outside because she claims to love people-watching.

"Camila, it's midnight, there aren't any people to watch." I point out.

"You never know." She shrugs before waving down a waitress.

Camila orders for us, ordering everything without cheese. She originally tells me it's because of an intolerance and then orders ice cream, leaving the waitress and myself looking at her weirdly. When the waitress leaves, she goes on to tell me how it's not really an intolerance.