Chapter 22

My mom and uncle left last night. They didn't say goodbye, they just left. "Where did they go?" I questions my grandparents. "Well they didn't say but they should be back at some point." I nod. At some point? Really? They were never good liars. I know my mom wouldn't ever leave me. Especially when I'm sick. What's going on and why won't anyone tell me?

Author

~ In Italy ~

Lucas stares out his window sighing. "Lucas. Come on. Time to hunt." I turn to see Farkle. I nod. I start to walk away when I hear singing. I pause and turn to the window. "Lucas? What's wrong?" Farkle questions. "You don't hear that?" He turns to look at Farkle. He shakes his head. 'I must be going crazy' He thought. He was trapped in the song. It ended and he snapped out of it and turned to a confused Farkle.

"Come on." He walks past him and walks away.

~ In Philly ~

Riley

I hug my knees sighing after the song was finished. It was a harmony my mom would sing to me when I was younger to get me to fall asleep. I thought maybe If I sing it then She'll come back or something. Guess I was wrong. "Riley! Auggie! Dinner!" I got up and and walked out. I walk past that hall again.

I swear the hall way got longer like last time. It was almost never ending and I had the urge to go down it but a voice stopped me. "Riley?" I turned. "Hey Auggie." I smile. "Hey. Why are you staring at a wall."

"What?" I look back and just like last time it was just a wall. "Uh nothing. Must be seeing things come on." I take his hand and everything felt like it shut down. What is that noise?

Boom Boom..

Boom Boom...

I let go of his hand and turned on my heel walking away. I get down stairs and to the dining room table. In the dining room there is a window and I saw something brush against the bushes. "What the?" I mumble. "Riley." A hand touches my shoulder. I turn to my grandpa. "Come on." I nod and sit down. After dinner I go back up to my room and turn off the lights.

~ In New York ~

She wore a pretty black and white dress with diamonds. Black heels and her hair was straight. She was standing under a dim light in an alley waiting for her prey. She preyed on the young. The younger the blood the stronger it is. Although well fit older men aren't bad either. She spots a handsome boy maybe 18 - 20. He did a double take meeting her eyes.

Her eyes pulled him in. He walked down the alley setting his hands on her waist. They were so close to kissing when she then quickly moved to his neck and bit him. He let out a blood curling scream of agony. Once she was down she set him on the ground licking her lips. "Well now that you're done with dinner, we can talk." She turns her eyes now blood red.

"What do you want?"

"Where's Riley?" He questioned. "Don't know. Don't care." She says and turns but her runs in front of her. "Oh no. You're gonna tell me. I know you know." She rolls her eyes. "Zay I would've told you if I knew. I do think I know someone who knows where she went." He steps back. "Who?"

"Charlie. Charlie Gardner."

~ India ~

They walk through the temple in India. "Do you really think that this will work?" She questions. "Yes. I do. Besides we have the upper hand remember? We're hunters." She nods to his explanation. They open the door and see the family have eating. They almost throw up by it.

"Josh." He spoke with surprise. "Yep. It's time to pay me back for that favor you owe me." He was in all seriousness. He stared deep into his eyes. "Who is this? A friend?" The man's wife steps forward; Josh steps in front of Topanga. "Family." The wife steps back. "Benjamin, Why don't you show us to a more private room. I don't want any.." He looks between Topanga and Benjamin's wife.

"..Fights to break out." He gives a warm smile. "Thalia. I'll be back." She nods and gives one more glare to Topanga before walking away. "Follow me." They follow him to a private office. "What seems to be the problem?"

"You said you know everything about well everything..mystical that is." He nods. "Well we need you to find a cure for this." He shows a picture to him and Benjamin face dulls.