Chapter 20

I didn't talk to many people once I let it sink in. I didn't want to think it. I didn't want it to be real or be true. Now I'm like a walking depression bomb waiting to explode. The tone of everything changed. Everyone just looked down I guess. I think it will past in time.

As for me? I barely knew the guy and here I am feeling so lost. He usually tells me what to do. I'm like Bella and he's Edward. (I promise this book is nothing like that and yes I did get this cool part from Twilight) But if you think about it a can't really relate. Besides his secret and that's it.

The only similarity is his secret. He's even best fries with a werewolf! That's not in there. They're not fighting over me! They aren't enemies. On top of that My family has been acting so weird lately. My mom and Uncle Josh have always be 'secretly talk' and are gone half the day.

I am lost in the changes. Not only has everyone else been off, I have been off too. I'm the fastest and strongest in Gym class. Cool right? Yeah well when I change out I end up with bruises. On my arms back legs. You name it. Well not neck or head but you get the point.

I look more pale and I know my mom sees the changes she just doesn't want to acknowledge them. "Riley!" I come back. I look over. "Class is over." I look around to see everyone gone. "Oh." I get up and walk away. If I'm being honest I feel like I'm also free.

Maya

I exit the class behind Riley. It was the last period thankfully. I spot Zay and whistle. "Hey! Wolf Boy!" I shout he turns to me rolling his eyes. "Not here Maya." We walk to an empty hall. "What is it?"

"Riley. She's more pale than a vampire." Zay shrugs. "You expected me to know why?" I nod my head. "Yes . You're Lucas's best friend he tells you everything and right now I want to know where he is." We had a little stare off. Me and him never liked each other. "I can't tell you. Look he'll come back when he needs to as for right now you just need to keep your mouth shut and be patient." He moves past me.

Fine then I'll look for him myself.

Riley

It was about a month since he left. I lay on my bed the window closed and curtains over it so no light could get in. "Honey why are you not up yet?" My mother asked. I sit up slightly and move some of the hair from my face. My mother's eyes were full of fear, anger and sadness. She gasped at the sight that was her daughter. "Lay back down Riley..." Her voice was distraught. "No school today. You don't look well." She rubs my arm. "I feel cold." I say with a yawn. "I'll turn on the heater." She walks out of the room.

We were back at our house and everything was torn through. We had to replace somethings but it okay for now. I've been looking worse but I feel so strong. My uncle comes into the room. "Hey Riles." He sits by me. "Hey." I say. "It's so dark in here. I'll open the blinds." I shake my head. "No. It'll just give me a major headache. I almost passed out that last time." He nods and comes back to the bed.

"So how you been Riley? It don't look too good." I have a war in my head not sure if I should tell him. He's my uncle he always listened but he won't believe me. It's worth a try. "If I tell you something promise you won't give me a look as if I should be in the looney bin." He Chuckles and nods. "Okay go on." I sigh. "I know that I look horrible on the outside but on the inside I feel like I can do anything. Nothing really hurts unless I get too much sun. The bruises from P.E. suddenly stop. Is something going on with me? I don't feel sick! I'm the strongest and fastest out of everyone in all P.E. classes besides Maya and Zay. I can't help but feel like something is just off."

He face was blank. He showed no emotion. "How about I'll talk to your mom and then we'll discuss what to do okay?" I nod. He smiles warmly and then leaves.

A crack was left in the door and I was able to see them talking. But that's not the weirdest thing. I can hear them too. Well kinda at least. "We have to get them back here." Josh whispers. "No. They won't come back! They don't trust us. We can't trust them." My mother says. Then the voices got faint. "Well... Trust them ... Just bring one back...Slow...Process." Auggie comes into the room. "Hey Riley."

"Hey. Can I ask you something." He nods. "Can you hear mom and josh from here?" He shakes his head. "No" Yep. It's official I'm going crazy. "Riley are you going to die?" He says sadly jumping on the bed. I shake my head. "No. I couldn't leave you and mom. He smiles. "I know. I hope you get better." He hugs me and I hug back. "I will. I promise."

Author

"She's dying Topanga. I already lost my brother. I'm not loosing her either." Josh states. "What makes you think that they'll help?"

"Because they own me a favor."