Chapter 4

Lucas's P.O.V

I was sitting in my room. I can't control myself. At least not when I'm around...her. She beautiful yes but I don't get why I can't keep away from her. It's practically impossible to keep away from her and...No! Not happening. Bloodlust. I had it before but I got that under control years ago. But now. Now that I met her I can't keep away.

"Lucas. When were you gonna tell me about this Riley?" I snap my head up to see my father.

"I don't know what you mean." I lie. Of course I do. I'm practically drawn to her.

"Yeah okay. Look son I don't know what you have with this girl you met two days ago but it has to stop."

"I don't have anything with this girl. She's just another girl. Doesn't really matter besides she's just a friend." I say. It's true. She's just another girl. It's not like I'm gonna hang out with her so. "Oh really? Okay. Well me and your mom are gonna go hunt. You gonna come?"

I shake my head. As he leaves I read his mind.

'I can tell this is part of it. I don't know what it is. It's never happened before. I notice the change in him the last 17 years and I still don't know what is happening to him. '

What the hell does that mean? NOTHING is happening to me. I should know. It's me.

Man who knew being a what I am could be so hard. I'm kidding it ain't that hard. Besides us moving around all the time. I mean I miss my home. Like the place I came from. Which was Austin, Texas. Yeah I'm a cowboy. Don't be jealous.

Anyway back to the point. The fact that I'm drawn to her is bad. I don't even like her. So why should it matter.

Riley's P.O.V

I sit in my room with my headphones on brushing my hair. I sing along to Photograph by Ed Sheeran. I didn't hear the tap on my window until I heard Maya yelling my name. I turn and see Her. I walk over and open my window. I turn my music off. "Hello peaches." I say.

"Peaches? Okay I'll take it." I smile and we sit down on the bay window. "So you like the new school?" I nod my head. "Yeah it's fun. I made a lot of cool friends. Although Lucas seems kinda how do I put it?"

"Mysterious?" I nod. "Yeah well that's because he is. " I raise my eyebrows.

"Well how so." I tell her.

"That's the mystery." I hold back the urge to roll my eyes. "I don't get it." She smiles. "Well you will soon. " She pats my shoulder and leaves it there for like 3 seconds and then instantly moves it away. "Are you okay?" I ask worried. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Okay." I don't believe her one bit. But I let it go. For now. "So what do you wanna do?" She ask.

"Um. I don't know. Wanna watch TV?" She nods. We walk to the living room and sit down. I made some popcorn so we should be set. By the end of one episode most of the popcorn is gone and Maya gets a text. She tries to hide a smile. "Oh. Who's that?" I ask. Probably a boy.

"Nobody really. Just someone who's too needy." I giggle. "Well do you have to go?"

"Yeah I guess. I'll be back I promise." We stand up and walk back to my room. I give her a brief hug and she exist through the window. Now I'm alone. Again. Ugh! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my god this is probably a crappy chapter and I'm very sorry. It will get better once I introduce the drama in the book the next few chapters. I love you all!

Stay Strong,

~~Zendaya92~~