Chapter 13

I wake up the next morning. It's Saturday and I like to get my costume early. Charlie is having a halloween party at his place and everyone is going. But I can't get what happened only nights ago. Yesterday the sun was out, no clouds just a blue sky and the bright sun. It's getting a little cold out here but the weather felt bipolar I guess because it went back and forth from hot to mid warm to a cold breeze.

But that wasn't the point. it's only happened for about an hour or so in the morning when I was getting ready for school. Maya, Lucas, Farkle and the rest of Lucas's family wasn't at school that day. I honestly didn't understand. I know Maya is sensitive to the sun but is it that bad that she had to stay home? Same with Lucas. I know what happened was unexplainable and trust me I was trying to understand it too.

I haven't spoken to any of them since that night and my emotional breakdown was also run through my mind. It made no sense. My mother said that I used to have those when I was younger and I never understood why. I haven't done that since forever. I make my something to eat and take out my phone scrolling through google.

I have an English Short story due and it can be about anything I want. I was going to do it about me but decided that wasn't really much of a challenge. So I'm going to make a fiction book since it's the easiest to write about.

First I need a theme what should I write about? Oh! Fairies! Well something like that. I wash out my plate and dry it off and put it away. I take off my laptop and start writing. My mom walks in.

"Hey honey."

"Hey. Day off?"

"Yep and really happy about it. What's up?"

"Nothing just my English Short story and a costume to find." My mother smiles. "Oh! I know something I'll be right back"

"What mom no!" I beg. It's bad enough I had to wear her dress once then change into a different one. It was so wow. Like wow as in really bad. She comes running out with a box. She gives it to me. "Here. Open it." She was about to give i to me but then stops. "You need to be careful with this suit- I mean costume it's very special." I nod. She gives it to me.

I set it on my lap and open it. I lift it up and look at it whoa. As in this costume looks amazing! (Photos at the top) I look at her and smile. "Wow. It's beautiful. And badass."

"Riley!" We laugh and I set it next to me. I get up and hug her. "Thanks mom. I love it." She smiles. "Yeah I wore it once but wasn't much of a fit anymore." I laugh and pull away. "Thanks again." I take it to my room.

Author's P.o.v

Topanga takes a breathe not sure whether or not she made the right choice to give that to her. "Oh Cory I wish you were here to help" She walks back to her room.

Meanwhile Lucas bumps into Zay while hunting.

"Zay."

"Lucas"

"You know that you're on the wrong side of the woods. This is our territory." Lucas rolls his eyes. "Well deal with it Zay." He says. "No can do buddy. Look I've been your best friend for a while and it's bad enough I have to lie because we can't be friends with a common enemy."

"Yeah don't you think I know that just get to the point"

"I can't keep lying man. It breaks my heart." He laughs at how over dramatic Zay is being. "Okay yeah well what are they gonna do? Kick you out the pack?" He tilts his furry head from side to side. "I don't know. I am up to be the next Alpha of the packed well it's between me and Billy."

"Yeah well how about we keep this a secret until you become alpha?" He nods. "Zay!" Zay hears.

"I got to get going." He nods and then Zay leaves. Lucas finds his prey and leaves back to his house. "Hey how was the hunt?" Sarah asked. "Good." He walks past her only to be stopped. "You bumped into Zay?" A ring of voice say. He turns everyone but their "Parents" were there saying it all in unison.

"You know about that?"

"Well duh we see you guys talking in the woods one time." He nods. "Well alright then that's over."

"We are so telling mom and dad" He turns to them. "No way you can't do that. They would kill me!"

"How? You're the fastest in the house. I'm sure you can run" Farkle says. He glares at him. "Yeah whatever." He walks up to my room.

Lucas P.o.v

I get a text. A picture pops up about a Halloween Party at Charlie's house. Ugh! Charlie. I seen him and Charlie hanging out so I spoke to him. THen I overheard their conversation and just got really angry. It just ran over me like a wave.

But no way I'm going then I get an other text. From Riley. I give a slight smile and read it.

'Hey cowboy you going to Charlies party?' She ask. She's going? Her and Charlie at a party possible alone. You know what forget it. I'm still not going. I type and hit send before reading it.

'Alright see you there.' I then realized I typed yes. Why did I type yes? I don't even have a costume nor do I need one. I look at when the party is. October 25th the full moon. That's also the theme. Something about the night.

Trust me. Charlie maybe a boy who play with girls hearts but he's also the most popular guy in school and therefore he has to throw parties. So that means 5 days. Maybe I should get a costume.

Nah.