Chapter 21

A/N: I know it's been like I don't even know how long since I updated. You guys are amazing and deserve way more. I'm start organize my schedule and hopefully I will have one by Sunday maybe Monday. I love you all enjoy!!!

January 1st

"Riley I know that you're feeling sick so what's gonna happen is that we're going to take you to grandma's and grandpa's house. Me and your uncle are gonna have to go somewhere." I frown. Of course I love my grandparents very much but that doesn't mean they can just leave me. I need them right now.

"But why? What about school and my friends?" I sit up questioning. "We had a talk with your principal and he agrees. He see's you at school and notices how pale your getting so he's gonna excuse you as long as needed and you can pass this year. Just take a simple test and you'll move up. As for now you and your brother with go to your grandparents house." I nod sighing. She leaves the room and my window opens.

I didn't want to say it or think it (let alone feel it) but I wished it was Lucas. I feel like he could've helped me but he isn't here. Instead it was Charlie. We've been getting closer since he comes to see me after school. "Hey" He says closing the window. "Hey" I spoke softly. "It's cold out there." I nod. "Well I wouldn't know I haven't been outside in a while." I let out a sneeze. "Are you feeling?" He hugs me and then sits next to me. "I'm doing fine. I know I look bad but I never felt better." He nods. "Movie?" He questions. I nod and we lay on my bed and he puts on a movie. "Oh Charlie."

"Yeah?" He looks down at me. "I have to go to my grandparents house. My uncle and mom are going somewhere and since I sick they have to watch us."

"What? But you can't just leave I'll miss you too much." I hug him. "I miss you too." He hugs back and then gets a call. "Hello?" He answers. He keeps nodding his head. "Okay mom, yeah love you too. Bye."

"What was that?" I question. "That was my mom. Dinner starts soon. I didn't even realize I was here this long." I giggle holding back a cough. "I'll see you tomorrow." He kisses my head and goes out the window. I wouldn't say I love or like Charlie but he's always there for me.

I get up and start packing. Grandma's and grandpa's here we come.

~ Time skip (Lazy sorry XD) ~

They stop the car and look at the house I haven't since since my father died. I look down at my lap a bad feeling mixing in my stomach. "Alright, Riley. August. Let's go." She get's out of the car. I open the car door and get out my brother following me. The house was the same. Grass as green as ever. Till this day I still confused the beige color with white. I walk up the concrete path and knock on the door and it was silent for a while before it opens and my grandma appears. She smiles brightly. "Riley! Auggie!" She pulls us into a group hug. "So good to see you again."

She pulls away and I bring on my smile. "Same." I start to.couch and she quickly brings be in. "Come on. You should rest." Her and grandpa share a stare before looking back at me. "Guys I'm fine. I'll get better in no time it's just a fever maybe a cold." They didn't believe in that. I didn't believe in that either. This is something way worse. I can feel it.

I walk to the room I would always sleep in when we came over. Everything was the same but the tension in the house showed otherwise. I set my bag down and Make my way down stairs maybe to grab an apple or something I was hungry. I then notice my mom and grandparents having a serious conversation. Eyes were filled with worry and I had no Idea why.

'It's only the Flu'

My mind said but every other fiber and sensibility in my body told me otherwise. The more I think about it. The more I feel it the more curious and frustrated I get. "Riley you should be laying down." Grandma stretches. "Well I was just hungry." I go to the kitchen and they follow. I look at the fruit bowl and spot the bright red apple. I lick my lips a hunger growing but I don't know if it was for the apple.

Dismissing the thought I grab it and take a bite. Once I finish I'll throw it away. "There now I'll go lay down alright? I'll be fine just the Flu right?" They look at each other and I didn't let them answer as I make my way up the steps but stop and notice a hallway that definitely wasn't there before. The more I locked the longer the destination of the door got.

I was about to make my way down the hallway when, "Riley." I turn to see my Mom. "I'll be back in a few days OK? Be careful. Stay safe." She kisses my head and leave. I turn back and the hallway was gone. I became utterly confused. "I could've sworn." I was going to touch the wall but a face I couldn't ignore stops me. "Don't do it." I avert my eyes to the left and see a apparition of Lucas.

I'm going crazy. "Not yet Riley. Go to sleep." I step back and walk to the room and close the door. My head hits the pillow and I go to sleep fast.

_________________

Riley you should lay down more you just might be seeing things. Short I know I know but I tried to put as much in formation as I can. I had to also calculate the exact date because I lost track. I'm sorry and I love you guys!!

What do you guys think? 

Did Riley actually see that hallway? 

What was Riley craving for? 

Her and Charlie?

What's her family hiding from her? 

Give me all your thoughts I love reading your comments and follow me with this account or my other one TPISIYH. I will still be updating on this account. I love you guys! See you next time.

Stay strong,

~Zendaya92~