Chapter 3

Riley's P.O.V

Okay something is wrong. I take a deep breathe. I'm at school. Anyways I take a deep breathe. Something smells different. I don't know why I have this feeling but I just do. It was 5th period. PE. We were playing doge ball against the boys. Almost all the girls are gone except for me and Maya. I was never good a volleyball.

"You girls ready to lose." One guy said. "Nope" Maya says. The coach blows her whistle and the boys get there really fast along with Maya. They try to get Maya out knowing that if she is still in then they will win. I just try to through the balls. "Maya behind you" I tell her but it was too late. She was already hit. Damn it. "One down Only one to go" Lucas says. 5 guys VS. 1 girl. This is going to be easy for them.

"Bring it on." I state Why did I say that. All of the doge balls came towards me. I immediately jump and spin and then land as all of the balls go behind me. Whoa. Everyone looks at me shocked. I didn't even know that was possible of doing. One guy picks up a ball and I can see it coming towards me face. I catch it and throw it and got him out. YAY!

"One down 4 to go." I smile. Every time I catch the ball I throw it so I can get them out. Only me and Lucas. "Bring on princess."

"Tell that to yourself green eyes." All the girls chant my name telling me that I can do this. All the guys tell Lucas that he has to win and he can. " You guys should close your eyes...." Lucas throws a ball and I catch it. With. One. HAND.

"...I don't want you to see me make a boy cry." I throw it back at him and get him out. The whistle blows. "GIRLS WIN!" The girls crowd me thanking me. "Riles! That was awesome!" Maya says. "Oh peaches thank you." I say. She rolls her eyes and hugs me. I hug back and we pull away. "Not bad princess." Lucas says. I blush for some un-know reason. "Princess?" I question.

"Yeah you're a princess to me." He say. I blush again. I see from the corner of my eye Maya smirking but has a different feeling in her eyes. Jealousy maybe? I don't know. "Hey Lucas!" He turns and I see a brunette call him. She was talking with a guy with dark hair. A girl with blond hair and Farkle. "I have to go" He walks away. They look at him and does gestures as if to remind him of something. Then she glances at me. That's when I realize that it's a girl I've seen. Her name is Sarah.

She looks back at Lucas. He looks annoyed. Something is......off.

At the end of the day I get on the subway and go home. I unlock the door and walk in. Auggie doesn't get out for about another 15....20 minutes so I have the house to myself until my mom picks him up and takes him home aka which is here. I go to my room. I'm so tired. I decided to take a nap. I lay down on my bed and close my eyes. I dream. Dream about different things but all involve Lucas. I wake up about 2 hours later.

I see an outline of a body outside of m bay window. He taps on the glass. I get kinda scared. That's when I notice his green eyes. Well I think it was green. I open the window. "Lucas what are you doing here?" I turn on the lights. "I wanted to see you"

"Wait. How did you find out where I live?" I ask him. "Um I may have followed you" I raise one eyebrow. "You "may" have followed me?" He nods. I smile. "Wow you really suck at lying." He laughs. "Well I was never good at it in the first place." He smirks. I roll my eyes and sit on my bay window.

"Well I think I should introduce myself." I stand up. "Hi. I'm Riley Matthews." He smiles. "Hey. I'm Lucas Friar." We shake hands and sit down laughing a little. "So tell me about yourself." He says. "Well as you know my dad died. I have a 10 year old brother named Auggie. I'm 17 years old and go to school with you." He smile. "Your turn." I say.

"Well I am also 17. My favorite color is red. I don't like the sun. I have 2 sisters, Sarah and Sabrina. Two brothers, Farkle and Brandon." (Okay yes Farkle is his brother. Not blood related of course but you get the point yeah?) "Yeah that's pretty much it." I nod. "So there's this party this weekend wanna go with me?" I shake my head. "NO. Sorry I don't do parties." He frowns. "Oh come on please just once. Promise to protect you..." He mumbles the last part. I didn't catch what he said after protect you. "What?" He shakes his head.

"Nothing important. So will you go?" I think about it.

Lucas's P.O.V

I'm using all of my strength not to kiss her right now. Or you know. She's just so beautiful. And she smells amazing! Lucas control yourself! "Nothing important. So will you go?" She thinks about it. "Yeah I guess so." I smile. "Cool" I say trying to act cool. "Yeah. Um so what now?"

"Now I have to go home. See you later princess" I kiss her cheek. I can feel her heart rate rise. She blushes. "Your so cute when you blush" She blushes even more. "I hate you."

"Yeah I'm sure you do." I say and climb out her window. "Bye green eyes." She kisses my cheek. Whoa. I actually felt something. "Bye princess." Then I leave. This feeling has got to stop. And I'm hungry. I run to the woods not only to eat but to get my mind off of a certain girl.