Chapter 11

Riley

This year I decided to follow her to where she goes all the time. My brother is going to sleep over at a friends house tonight. It's a friday and I have school. So I get through my classes only to see that Lucas isn't here today. I felt kinda down the rest of the day for no reason.

It was lunch and the only people with me were Zay and Maya but she didn't stay long. Farkle wasn't even here and he never misses school. None of the Friars were here at all.

"Zay where are the Friars?" He smirks. "Why do you need to know?"

"No reason." I glare at him and he just laughs. I turn and see Charlie. Maybe he knows. "Hey I'll be right back."

"What found your lover." I hit him and he whimpers like a dog. Like an actual dog. I turn and eye him but he just winks and then leaves. Ugh is mystery the new it thing right now or something? I follow him. "Hey! Charlie!" He stops and turns around and smiles. "Hey Riley." He walks up to me.

"I say you talking to Lucas the other day."

"Yeah so?" He ask.

"I just thought that you two weren't friends." His smile drops. "Oh well we aren't he just had to discuss somethings." I see his eyes darken a little as if he's remembering something.

"Are you okay?" He nods. "Yeah I'm fine. It just that he told me to stay away from you and I don't think I could do that." He scratches the back of his neck nervous. Lucas told him to stay away? Okay first that doesn't seem like Lucas and Second if he did then he has no right to tell me who or who not to hang out with.

That crossed my mind for at least a second cause then I realize what he said and blushed a deeper red. "You're cute when you blush." I tell him realizing that he blushed. I made him blush. "Thought you were a bad boy." I tease.

"Yeah whatever. " He says. "So you don't think you can stay away from me?" I ask serious. He nods. "That's sweet" I kiss his cheek and he smiles again not his usual smirk. The bell rings.

"I could walk you to class." I nod. "What a gentleman." He rolls his eyes annoyed and I smile. He walks me to class and then walks away. I'm not so sure that he's a bad boy at heart.

~~~ After School ~~~

I open the door and see Auggie sitting on the couch watching that movie again. "Really?" I sigh.

"Come on Big sis! You're Killing me!" I shake my head at his childish behavior. "Well you're killing me." I change the channel and then gave up when I couldn't find anything decent to watch. "YAY!" I roll my eyes.

"You have everything packet?" I ask. He nods. "Yep they should be here..." He gets cut off by the door being knocked on. "Now." He opens it. "Hey Ava."

"Hey August." They hug. "Hey Ava."

"Hey Riley." I hand Auggie his bag. "Here you go Auggie." He sighs. "Told not to call me that."

"Yeah well you maybe August to them but not to me little brother." He nods and smiles. We hug and then he leaves with Ava and the rest of his friends. "Man the things I do." I clean up a little bit and then sit and watch a movie.

"Alright Auggie went to his sleepover and you have the house. I'll be back in about 2 hours." I nod. She leaves and I turn off the TV. I hurry and put on my black hoodie. She comes back in. I freeze. "Sorry I forgot my bag." She takes he duffle back and walks out. I breathe out and lock the door.

I accidentally drop a glass. I curse under my breath and decide to clean it up when I get back. I then knock down some other stuff in my room. Sorry it's pitch dark in here.

I throw my hood on my head and out the bay window.

Lucas

I decided to talk to Riley about Charlie. So I walk through the alley that leads to the to her baywindow. I quickly climb up and see the house dark. One of the things good about being me I can see in the dark.

Things were knocked down and things were open. "Riley!" I call out and hear silence. I go to the kitchen and step on something. I look down and see glass. What the? I start to panick.

"Riley!" I run throughout he house. "Riley!?" After realizing that she's not here I jump out the window looking for her. Where in the hell could she be?

Riley

I follow her into the woods. Why is she in the woods? There is no reason to be out here. Or so I thought. I was almost there but got blocked by wolfs. One a light brown and only a dark brown almost black but with light brown strikes. I almost scream.

I bet you're wondering why I said Almost. Well the thing kinda talk.

'Riley?' They look at each other some glares are exchanged and then they run off. Then I see Zay and girl step out from behind a tree. "Um Zay what are you doing here?"

"Oh nothing just taking a stroll." I nod not believing it one bit. "Uh huh well I have to go. We'll talk about this later." He nods and then they leave. I go back to following my mother. I then get stopped again by a bunch of twigs and branches lined up together to block my way. I go into touch it and they move out the way.

What in the hell? I was going to walk further but I hear talking and footsteps get closer to me and I run.

Topanga

"Hey Honey it's good to see you"

"You too Topanga." I smile.

"So have you told her you know she's almost 16."

"No and I can't." All the sudden blue, hot pink etc. lights glow through the woods. I hear whispers. "Some ones here." One says. "Yeah She's pretty brunette how did she open the gates?" Another one says. Oh crap. "I have to go."

"I know. See you next year. Bye I love you."

"I love you too....Cory."

Lucas

I can't find her anywhere. Why am I even acting like this? None of my life makes sense anymore since she came. Well it really hadn't made sense for a while. I run my hands through my hair and decided to check back at her house. I run there and see a person in a black hoodie.climbing up the fire escape. "Hey!" I shout and it turns around swiftly. It jerks its head signaling me to come up.

It climbs through Riley's window. I quick speed up there it watching me the whole time. "Who are you and where's Riley?" I ask. It turns on the light and throws back the hood to show Riley's surprised face. Crap.