Chapter 10

Lucas

Riley. Goddamn it. That damn girl has my head spinning giving me a headache. I mean I never wanted something so much before. Staying away from her is now impossible. I skipped last period and was in the back of the school. "Sup huckleberry"

"Sup short stack. What do you need?" I asked. Me and Maya have a complicated relationship. You can call it friends with benefits. "We haven't hanged out lately." She says stepping closer. "That is true." I step closer.

"But what does that have to do with anything?" I ask. She smirks. Oh no, no way. I know we've did it before but right now I'm just not in the mood. She wraps her arms around me and pulls me closer. "Well I think you know the answer to that." She says seductively.

"Yeah I do." I take her arms off and back away a little. "Oh please what's this about? Riley?" I shake my head and lean against the building. "This has nothing to do with her."

"Then what is it? You know you can't resist this body Friar." I roll my eyes and pin her to the wall and put my lips against her ear. "You're right I couldn't but now I can so not right now." I push away and walk away.

That was well interesting and really stupid I honestly need a release but not with her. Which is weird. I'll admit her body figure is amazing and all and she's beautiful but No. Just not anymore.

Maya

What in the hell was that!? Honestly I need a release, Yeah one with him. It's like a friends with benefits thing or a hook up whatever you call be either way I use him and he uses me. No strings attached or so I thought.

We agreed to this when we both ran into each other hunting except He does animals and I do humans. Don't judge. It's what my parents gave me when they first found me Shawn and Katie.They're good to me.

But back on track. Did I just get rejected? By THE Lucas Friar? Every girl wants apart of him but not RIley and not me or that's what I thought 5 minutes ago. Oh my god! My kind isn't supposed to feel these god damn feelings! I don't hate Lucas no impossible. He understands me. Unlike Zay or Billy yeah we we first met them we didn't know about their secret and they didn't know ours.

They found out before us cause they can smell really good. Unlike us we only smell the best food. But that doesn't matter. I want Lucas for myself and me being a young V I only want what I want. So if I want Lucas then Riley isn't getting in my way.

Riley

Alright so it's October and Halloween is coming in only a few weeks and I have no idea what I want to be. My brother was watching Blade. "Hey you're not supposed to watch stuff like that!" I warn him.

"But Riley! I'm growing up in about 3 years I'm gonna be 13 and I should be grown up by then!" He whines. I laugh and change the channel and Hansel and Gretel was on the Witch hunter version. He get's excited and I groan. Is the only thing on scary stuff? I turn it again a few more times and Twilight comes on.

(Quick A/N: Yes all these movies are indeed in this story, Sorry but I just had to add it everyone else writing these types of books didn't)

I make some popcorn and put it in a bowl and sit down. I wish I can have that. But no people like Edward aren't real. I mean come on, Werewolfs? Vampires? No way. I get a knock on my door and I get up and open it. It was Maya. "Oh hey Maya you usually come through the window." I let her in.

"Yeah well you weren't in your room" She drags me to the bay window in our living room. "What's wrong Maya?" She turns her head to the TV. "You watch Twilight?" She ask.

"Yeah one of my favorite movies. I wish I could have that but come on people like Edward are real? Right? I mean Vampire and Werewolves? A Volturi? Come on there's no such thing." I state. She mumbles something. "I'm sorry what?" I say.

"Nothing hey do you think Lucas will like me?" On the inside I was frozen. she likes Lucas? When did that happen? They barley even talk? "Um I don't know." I say looking everywhere but her. "Oh well can you ask?" I nod. "Thanks so you want to finish watching Twilight?" I nod and we sit on my couch. I didn't pay much attentin to the movie I was caught up with the smell in here. I know weird right but it's weird.

Like it just feels like a bad vibe. "Hello Riley, Auggie I'm home!" My mother walks through the door we hug her and I take her bag and she walks up to Maya. "Hello RIley's friend." My mother eyed her and Maya just smirked. What?

"Um I think you should go we are about to have dinner and your parents would be worried." Mom says almost bitterly. "Yea well I get into enough trouble they wouldn't be surprised." Maya shoots back. "Um okay sorry Maya my mom doesn't let people come over here often." I walk towards them slowly.

"It's fine." She stands up and they have a stare down. "I'll be going my mom and and just texted me." I nod. "Okay well see you at school peaches." She rolls her eyes playfully and then goes out the window. "Alright who's hungry" She pretended that what just happened didn't happen. "Um mom what was that?"

"What was what honey?" I shake my head knowing that I wouldn't get it out of her. We make dinner and set the table. "Alright so you guys know that I have to uh" SHe clears her throat and I play with my food not wanting to think about it. "Go somewhere and I hope that you guys will keep the house down." I nod and then sigh. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my Father's Death. One year exactly and I always wonder where she goes and what she does. I mean she doesn't drink no way. And if she was to visit his grave then she would have taken us with her. Plus she always takes a bag full of stuff and then comes back with an empty one.

I go to bed after doing the dishes but I just toss and turn nightmares filling my head. It happens all the time. Only if it's the day before someone in my bloodline that has died. It's weird I know but I can't do anything about it.