Chapter 12

Author 

Riley stands there surprised at what she witnessed. He was up here in a matter in milliseconds she thought. How is that possible? she asked herself and just stared at Lucas. Lucas was scared. He didn't know what to do. Everything fell silent and all Lucas heard was the blood flowing through her veins. When she stared and saw the color of his eyes. She started to tremble.

She still couldn't put the pieces together. About her life or Lucas. None of it made sense to her and she was getting frustrated but when she saw the once green eyes were blood red she slowly backed away shaking her head. The theory clawed at her and she wouldn't be able to shake it off.

"Impossible." She mumbles. She was so quiet she couldn't even hear herself. Lucas heard her and the fear of her figuring it out got to him as he ran out the window and jumped down and raced home. He couldn't just stand there and pretend that he didn't know what she figured out.

He stopped and leaned on a tree. He had the urge to just go back there. He still didn't know why the house was a mess. He still thought that someone took her and then she got away and was hurt but couldn't go back and face her. Now that he thought about it he clothes were a mess. Covered in dirt and leaves. What happened? He shook his head fighting the urge to go back to her and ran somewhere, anywhere.

It didn't matter as long as he wasn't near her.

No matter how much he wanted to be.

Riley

My back hits the wall and I slide down. I bring my knees up to my chest. H-he can't be can he? I mean things like that just doesn't exist. What about Maya? She acts the same way sometimes. I mean can she? No I won't believe it. Those things don't exist. I hear the door open.

Shit she's home. I quickly change my clothes and hide the clothes I once wore. I walk out remembering the glass. I get the broom and dustpan and walk in to see my mom. "Oh hey mom." I say as if I hadn't followed her.

"Hey sweetie what happened?" She ask about the glass. "Oh sorry I swung my arm and it hit the cup and fell." She nods. "Well be more careful." I nod. I clean up the mess and throw it about. I fix the house up a bit and fix my room up a bit. I say goodnight to my mom and go to my room. I shut off the lights and take out my phone. I text farkle and he seems like the only normal one here.

'Hey can you come over to my house?'

'I'm already there' I turn and see him at my window. I smile. "Hey Farkle" I get up and hug him. "Hey Riles. You okay?"

"Yeah I guess" We sit at the bay window. "It just feels like everyone is lying to me."

"Oh really well why would you think that." He gets closer. "It's just I don't know everyone is acting weird except you." I bump him a little and he laughs. "Yeah well that's just because I'm good at hiding what I feel."

"What do you mean?" He sighs.

"Um Riley I need to tell you something."

"Come on Farkle you could tell me anything."

"Yeah um. I'm a -" He cuts himself off. "Farkle." I urge him to continue. He just looks at me and leans in and kisses me. I have no idea about what to do but kiss back. Don't get me wrong he's a good kisser and it's not my first kiss but it just doesn't feel right. It feels good just not...Right.

He pulls away blushing and smiling. "I'm sorry. I just really like you" I was kinda frozen. I had no idea what to say. Do I like him? "It okay Riley. I'll give you time." He kisses my cheek and then leaves. I really need to sleep. Maybe this is all a dream. I was really tired and I didn't know it until my head hit the pillow and I immediately fell asleep.

Lucas

I could not believe what I saw. Did Farkle just kiss Riley? And did RIley kiss back!? I felt something break. I didn't like the feeling. I was fuming. My fist clenched and I punch through a brick wall. Good thing no one was in the room. But I might have broke through a pipe. I wait a few minutes to calm myself down. I then realize that she's asleep and he's gone.

Farkle is so gonna get it when I get home. I climb up the fire escape and Through her window. I watch he sleep. Just like I do every night. I bend infront of her and study her face. I told myself that I would stay away but can't it's impossible. I gently caress her face with my hold hand and feel her shiver under me. I pull my hand away quickly.

I stare at my hand and sigh. I stand up and see myself in her mirror. Red eyes, pale skin. Just perfect. She can't be with me nor will she. Why does this even matter? None of this should matter. I see her stir. "Lucas?" I quickly run to the window and climb out. I stare at her and then leave.

Riley

I stir from my dream and open my eyes only a little. "Lucas?" Wind rushes by. I close my eyes and open them again but shoot up at the nightmare ends. "Lucas!" I stare around my room. I could have sworn that he was here? I get worried for no reason and start looking for him. I start shaking and crying what the hell is happening?

"Lucas?" I go back to my room and curl up in my blankets. What's happening to me?