Chapter 14

Ah!! Two chapters in one day! I hope you like it.

Riley P.o.v

Maya climbs through my window. "Sup Honey." I smile. "Peaches."

"So I heard you're going to Charlie's party." I nod. "Yeah. Are you?" She nods. "So what are you going to dress as?"

"I don't know what to call it but here this is it." She opens the box up and stares at it. Her expression changes but then she covers it up. "It's cool. I like it."

"Thanks. Are you okay?" She nods. "You sure when you looked at it you looked mad."

"No I promise that I'm fine honey." She squeezes my arm really hard. "Maya you're hurt me." I grab her arm and prey her arm off. This time she cried out a little in pain and I let go. "Maya I am so sorry." She clears. her throat.

"No it's fine I should go see you at the party Riley." She climbs out the window. I sigh and rub my temple what the hell just happened? Whatever. "Hey sweetie who was just in here?" She ask.

"Maya." She nods. "You okay?" She sits next to me. "No. I hurt my best friend physically."

She sighs and mumbles something. "What?" She shakes her head. "Nothing." I nod. "So whens this party?"

"The 25th." She nods. "Alright be careful. You-"

"Know when there's something wrong I know." She gives me a side hug. "Good. You hungry. Me and Auggie were gonna go out to eat." I nod. "Yep I'm starved." We walk out and I make sure to lock my window and door. I could have sworn someone was watching me sleep the other night.

~~ Day Of The party ~~

It's saturday morning and I can't control my excitement for the party tonight. Then again there's a hole somewhere and I don't know why. I just have an off kind of feeling. I dismiss it and hang out at the mall. I spot Zay.

"Zay!" I shout and he turns and then starts running. I chase after him. Really Zay? In the mall!? I grab his arm and he turns. "We have to talk. You've been avoiding me since that night."

"I have no Idea what you're talking about"

"Isaiah Babineaux!" He sighs and takes my hand. He brings me in a vacant lot. "I need you to do me a favor and forget that night Riles."

"And why's that?" I cross my arms. "I just needs you to."

"Well I can't everything that happened that night is fresh in my memory Zay. I was encountered by a wolf! When they disappeared you and some other chick showed up!" He looks me dead serious in the eyes. "Forget that night Riley. It's for everyone's own good." He walks away.

What the hell does that mean? This is bullshit! I hate life. I groan in frustration. I was walking to my car when I get a feeling someone is watching. I stop and turn. No one. It was a cloudy and windy day here in New York and If I had a camera then I would take a picture but back to reality.

I turn back and start to walk again. I heard heels and turn everywhere. Nothing.

"Over here" Someone whispers I turn but nothing again. "Who's there!?" I shout out into the the almost empty lot. "Hey!" I turn and nothing. I hear laughing and my heart rate speeded up. "Hey sweetie" I feel a slight breeze brush behind me and a hand go on my shoulder. I grab it and flip her.

"Never thought it would be this hard." She says. She had dirty white hair and weird eyes. Odd combo. "Who ever said it would be easy." I say. Why did I say that if I even don't have any idea what is going on right now?