Chapter 25: Starting Our Journey

Important!!!!

Hey Hey Hey!!! Soo I know the past few chapters have been a bit choppy, but that is because I am still unsure of how to end it. I think I have an idea and I'm gonna start my way towards it in this chapter. Please bear with me if it seems a bit rushed, but this story has gone on long enough. My inspiration for it is mixed, but I do plan on continuing it later on.

Music by Five Finger Death Punch and is called "Remember Everything" XOXO- Sparkle

____________________________

Eddie's POV:

    Every since last night Waylon hasn't said a thing. He only stares at us with big empty eyes and an emotionless face. I knew it was a bad idea for him to be alone last night, but we didn't have a choice. He needed his sleep as much as the rest of us and it was worth a shot.

    Not only that, Chris had told me about their plan on getting out of here. At first I wasn't so sure it would work, but now? I would try anything to get out of here. Just seeing Waylon like this was enough to make me do anything. He needed help, whether he wanted to admit it or not.

    So all day we have been preparing our supplies to head on out. So far we had three bottles of water and a few perishable snacks in a bag that I would carry, while Miles carried a bag full of medical supplies. We needed to keep this close to us though. Any of theses patients would try and kill us for it.

    I was trying to get Waylon ready to go but he wasn't going to respond to anyone, not even me. Which kind of hurt. I know he's going through shock, but I couldn't help but feel a bit hurt by it. No matter what we went through, we would always talk to each other about it. It always helped us somehow.

    "Darling, please, you need to get ready. I want you to be safe when we leave." my hands rest on his face as my thumbs drift over his cheeks, but when I look into his eyes I see nothing. They're completely blank.

    I couldn't help the worry that had sprouted under my skin. I was losing him again, and I couldn't handle it if he really was gone again. I needed him so much that it hurt and I knew I wouldn't make it out of here without him, No, I wasn't going to leave without him. I had to bring him with me. I just couldn't imagine a life without him anymore.

    I take in a deep breath as I pull him up from the cold floor and pull him close to me. I needed my baby, and I wasn't going to let this happen to him again. I held him in my arms and prayed to God that we would get out of here alright.

    I brought my lips to his and closed my eyes. I just needed this right now. To feel him against me, to know he was still here, and to at least hope that he would give me some sort of reaction.

    But I didn't get one. He was still somewhere deep inside himself, locked inside that smart head of his. I just had to wait, he would return eventually. I knew he would. He just had to.

    "Come on Eddie, we should start heading out." His eyes drift over to the small body in my arms and they sadden. "Come one Waylon, it's time to go." His lips turn to a saddened frown as Waylon takes himself from my arms and begins undoing the lock on the door.

    He was going to be alright. I kept chanting this in my head over and over again. It was going to be alright, It had to.

    We grab our small bags and head out the door and into the vast dark halls of the asylum. Weird, you could almost forget we were here when you were in our little makeshift home. But out here, it was dangerous and filled with all kinds of nastiness. Cannibalism, death, sickness, and god only knows what else.