Chapter 24: Nightmares and Tears

Hey guys IIIII'm back! The drawing above is by Okaysional and it's how I picture Waylon. Look at his adorable little face!!! AUAUAUAU!!!!!

Song by Laura Shigihara and is called "everything's alright" XOXO- Sparkle

_________________________

Waylon's POV:

    The day passed by extremely fast when I knew that I would be greeted by a long night. I knew that the night terrors would return to leave more that enough images in my mind to last.

    Not only that, there was going to be a storm tonight, I could feel it. I hated storms the worst. The flashing lights of the lightning triggered the images from the machines, and they didn't mix well with the nightmares.

    But I wasn't going to tell Eddie this. I promised him I would try this and I wasn't going to back out on my word. I was just surprised that he has never seen me when a storm starts. I was lucky enough to make it this long with him without having a storm break out, It was dry season after all.

    I didn't want to be alone tonight, but I knew he wouldn't be far if I needed him. Sure the rooms are big, but I've learned my way around the place well enough to get to him quickly.

    If the nightmares got too bad I knew I would be able to make it in time before anything bad happened. I didn't want that to happen. Not again. I don't want to deal with that pain again.

    When the flashing images take over, I would rewind back into my fragile state I was in when everything first started and the electricity would start hurting my body. I'm still not sure if it's my mind unconsciously using the electricity or if my body can't handle it in that state.

    I can see the darkness creeping through the boarded up windows and fear begins to take hold of me. No, I can control this. I just need to calm down.

    I take in a deep breath and put down the camcorder I was messing with. After all this time it still wasn't fixed completely. All I needed was to fix the part the batteries went into.

     A large hand rests on my shoulder, making me jump. I quickly spin around to see Chris's worried gaze. Jesus, he scared the hell out of me!

    "Waylon, what's wrong." I let out a shaky sigh and open my mouth to speak, but I'm cut off. "Now don't lie to me. I can tell something is bothering you by how skittish you're being." My face flashes red and I avert my eyes. Damn, he's already caught on that quickly?

    "I-I guess it's just because I have to sleep alone tonight. I have pretty bad nightmares." My voice was quiet as not to wake up Eddie who had decided to sleep because of tonight. He knew he would have nightmares so he decided to get some sleep ahead of time.

    Chris lets out a heavy sigh and sits down next to me on the hard wooden floor. His gaze goes to the door heading out towards the locker room where Miles was taking a shower.

    "I understand, Waylon. I have nightmares too. I would feel the same way if Miles refused to sleep with me. He seems to be the only thing that stops them. He's like my own little guardian angel."

    I look back to Chris and grin. Man, he wasn't really that bad. I wasn't entirely sure why Eddie didn't like him, but I was pretty sure it had to do with Miles. I heard him talking in his sleep one night about how we were a family. I guess he feels like Chris is trying to take Miles away from us... kinda like a dad. Awwwwww!

    "You know, you're not that bad Chris. I'm glad Miles has you to take care of him. And even if Eddie doesn't seem that happy about it, I now he feels the same way. He just... He just feel like he needs to protect Miles because we took care of him for so long." I let out a heavy sigh at the thought.