chapter 2 - Broken

Hey everyone! Once again I won't take long. I just wanted to say that the music is by Myuuji and I want you all to repeat the song so that you get the feeling of the chapter! Smooches for all! XOXO -Sparkle

____________________________________________________________________________________

Waylon sat at his small desk staring blankly at a smashed up camcorder that laid in front of him. It seemed so long ago that This camcorder was broken. He hadn't just lost the last piece of hope that day, but also his sanity. His soul purpose now was to fix it, to expose Murkoff with what little info it could possibly have left on it. Waylon was so entranced by the small object that he hadn't heard any footsteps behind him. A large hand gripped his shoulder and slightly squeezed.

"Maybe you should get some rest." Eddie calmly whispered into Waylon's ear. Eddie had been there with Waylon for about a week now and was still not allowed to venture on his own around Waylon's turf. Waylon didn't trust him enough to wonder around the various rooms with a chance of stumbling upon a way out. Waylon needed him by, close enough so that he could keep Eddie safe. He needed Eddie to store his memories. He was the only one he has found compatible with his software.

Analyzing response: Choose wisely.

"I think I'll be up a bit longer. Why don't we go on a walk around the perimeter?" Waylon looked back at a confused Eddie only to give him a stern look. There was no option in this, Eddie had no choice whether he wanted to go or not. Waylon stood up to crack his back. The crackle that emerged from his back was ear splitting in the quiet room. At a slow pace they walked down the pitch black halls with the soft taps of their feet echoing against the walls. No one was in sight... yet.

Caution: Stay alert.possibility of viruses.

Eddie stumbled and fell right in front of Waylon, causing him to fall after him. They both grunted in pain as they tried to get up but only managed to knock each other over every time. Finally after what seemed like minutes, they both had managed to pull each other off the floor.

"Sorry about that. Can't see very well in the darkness." Eddie gave a awkward laugh before sighing. Waylon was about to reply but was suddenly ripped from behind. He was lifted high in the air by large blood soaked claws. He came face to face with Chris Walker as he Heavily breathed against his face.

"Found you, little pig!" Chris began squeezing Waylon's neck tighter and tighter, seeming to enjoy the pain he was causing. Eddie panicked and didn't know what to do, he didn't want to die too but he didn't want to leave Waylon behind. He couldn't leave Waylon behind! Eddie launched himself at the brute with the small knife he always carried with him. He slashed and slashed at the claws around Waylon's throat all the while pushing against Chris's torso.

Finally Chris's death grip had loosened enough for Waylon to squirm out. Waylon had ran over to a wall, confusing Eddie. Eddie thought that their first reaction would be to run. Waylon flipped a light switch and pulled Eddie underneath a nearby table. He pulled Eddie's head into his chest to shield him from going blind.
     Sparks flew and electricity flew through out the halls, lighting up anything the was was higher than 4 feet off the ground. Wires had been hanging off the ceiling and had electrocuted Chris to a crisp. The smell of burning flesh riddled the halls.
    After a while their breathing had gone back to normal, but they still did not move. Waylon still cradled Eddie's head to his chest and held him close. Eddie thought this strange for Waylon because for the short time that he knew him, Waylon has never liked much physical contact, If not any.
    It wasn't till then that Eddie had realized that Waylon was shaking. Eddie had no idea what to do. From the position he was in, he couldn't do much but sit there and let Waylon hold him. Waylon let out a shaky breath and laid his chin on top of Eddie's head.
    "T-thank you. Thank you for saving me." Waylon had loosed his grip enough for Eddie to squirm forward enough so that they were at eye level. Eddie want to comfort him in some way. He slowly wrapped his arms around Waylon and sat there holding him for hours. Finally once Waylon had stopped shaking Eddie had said, "lets go back. I think we have had enough for tonight."
    Waylon gave him a silent nod before crawling out from under the table with Eddie. They walked back in a necessary silence. Their walk went by fast and they locked the door to the room, afraid that something else may come after them. Eddie knew that Waylon would be weird for the rest of the night. Some days Waylon would become like this, distant, and wouldn't come back till after he has slept. He sat Waylon down on the old mattress at the back of the room and watched him. He seemed to want to say something, but nothing was coming out.
    "What is it?" Eddie's had come out harsher than intended because of all the stress that was pushing down on him, becoming heavier and heavier with every minute. Waylon looked up at him and stared into his eyes. Eddie couldn't look away from Waylon's large, scared eyes.
    "My software didn't detect him. It always has before....why not now?" Waylon looked down at his feet and let out a shaky breath. Eddie couldn't stand seeing Waylon like this. He looked like a lost child or a frightened puppy like this. It was just plain sad.
    "Maybe it didn't work because you're just tired." Eddie gave him a sad attempt of a smile before pushing Waylon back into the bed. "Now just get some rest, you've earned it." He stood up to go over to the computer chair to rest but felt a tug at the bottom of his pants leg. He looked back to see Waylon laying there holding onto him.
    "Please don't go, I don't want to be alone tonight. Can't you just lay here with me?" Waylon look truly terrified of being alone and started to breath quickly once again. Eddie gave a heavy sigh as he laid down next to Waylon on the mattress. The mattress had been a single bed so they practically had to spoon to both fit on there.
    "Now lets just go to sleep. I dead tired over here." As Eddie's eyes began to flutter shut he felt Waylon tossed over to face against his chest. Waylon had snuggled closer to him, no doubt to try to stay warm. He thought to himself, oh what the hell, and wrapped his arms around Waylon. He needed to keep warm somehow, right? As they lay there, Eddie couldn't help but catch a sniff of Waylon's hair when it feathered over his face. Waylon's hair smelled badly of dust and the strange scent of heat, which puzzled Eddie. He swatted away the thought and slowly drifted off to sleep.

     Eddie didn't want to admit it, but this was the best sleep he had gotten in months, let alone years. He wasn't sure if it was because he was so exhausted or if it was because he was surrounded by the warmth that seemed to coat Waylon. He thought about it for a moment then decided it was the first solution. Why would he fall asleep so nicely next to Waylon anyway. I mean, he kind of was crazy. But Eddie didn't dwell on this for long because he was swallowed up by the dreams that took over his mind.