Chapter 16: No better Medicine than Love

Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter is a bit sad.... I was watching clear's route in dramatical murder so i got a bit sad while writing this... Anyway~ enjoy the chapter! -XOXO Sparkle

____________________________________________

Waylon's POV:

    I lay beside the mattress where Eddie lays unconscious. My throat still hurts, but not as much as my heart. Eddie got hurt because of me. If I would have just shocked Chris, then Eddie wouldn't have gotten hurt. I just... I froze.

    I was so scared that I couldn't do anything. That hasn't happened to me in so long, and Eddie had to pay for it. I know his injury will heal, but I'll still know that it was my fault. He could have died today!

    I lie my head down against Eddie's chest and sigh. Will he be mad when he wakes up? It's not like he would hurt me, I'm not worried about that. It's just... I don't want him to be mad at me.

    The rhythmic beat of his heart sets me at ease. I love him. I really do. I love him so much that it hurts. I wrap my arms around his stomach and hold him close. I run my fingers through his hair and begin to hum, more to calm myself than to ease him.

    Seeing Chris again scared the living hell out of me. I thought he was dead! I basically fried him alive! The wires must have been old or had a low amount of volts running through them.

    And now he's helping us? What was that all about? He seemed to change his mind about killing us when he saw Miles. My only question is why?

    Without me realizing it, and arm wraps around my shoulder. I'm pulled closer into Eddie's chest and I hear a deep chuckle next to my ear. I feel his chest rumble beneath me and I can't help but smile.

    "How long was I out for?" He nuzzles into my hair and takes in a deep breath. I snuggle in closer to him and give off a sigh.

    "A few hours. How does your head feel?" I look up into his tired, Icy blue eyes. I worried about his health. He lost a lot of blood and scraped up his head pretty badly. He was lucky he didn't crack his skull!

    "I got a headache and the back of my head hurts, but I think I'll live." He gives me a genuine smile before looking around the room. His eyes land on Chris, who up until now had been sticking around to be near Miles.

    "What the hell? Wha-" He begins to get up but I push him back down into the mattress.

    "He's fine. You need to stay laying down. You lost a lot of blood, so you're not getting up anytime soon." his eyes dart back and forth between me and Chris and his breath begins to quicken. He's starting to panic.

    I cup his face in my hands and make him look into my eyes. "It's alright. He helped us get you back here. He won't try and hurt us anymore. Calm down, okay?" I used my soothing voice to calm him and begin to run my fingers through his hair again.

    He starts to settle down again and his breathing goes back to normal, but he's still on guard. His eyes wander down to my neck and they widen. He sucks in a breath through his teeth, so I stop him before he says anything.

    "I'm fine. I doesn't really hurt anymore. I'm more worried about you." I lean forward and leave a kiss on his forehead. He gives of a frustrated sigh knowing that there is no winning this argument.

    He scoots over and pulls me onto the mattress with him so that I'm lying against him. My cheeks grow warm and bury my head into his chest. Giving me a gorgeous smile he nuzzles back into my hair and hums in satisfaction.

    With Chris and Miles over by the sewing machines chatting, Eddie and I could lay here without a worry. In a way it's like the old times. Just being alone together in peace without anybody else around to bother us. It may have been a confusing time, but it was nice.

    I hook my leg behind his and let out a shaky breath into his chest. "I was so worried." My voice was barely a whisper, but I knew Eddie heard me.

    He hugs me against him tightly and kisses me on the top of the head. "I know, darling. I know."

    Hearing his beating heart and feeling his warm breath against my face made my eyes grow heavy with sleep. I had stayed awake all this time and now that I know that he is going to be fine and that he isn't mad, I feel so tired.

    I let myself drift into the sweet embrace of slumber all the while hearing Eddie beautiful voice beginning to softly sing to me about finding someone to love even though he didn't deserve it. (Song above: Circles by Hollywood undead)