Chapter 15: A Monster's Tamer

Hey guys, I'm back from the dead! Sorry I haven't uploaded lately. Trying to settle into a new house with my mother and started a new school, so I haven't had much time to write. But here is a new chapter for my lovelies! -XOXO Sparkle

__________________________________________________

Mile's POV:

    I looked before me in horror. A tall man with veined scars coating his face held Waylon by his throat. Growling out threats and curses, his hands grow tighter and tighter around Waylon's neck. This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening!

    Eddie lunged himself at the large man but was easily tossed aside. As he fell, the back of his head bangs off the wooden floor with a sickening crack, a pool of blood forming below him. Shit shit shit!

    I run forward towards the man and the flailing Waylon. Panic filled Waylon's eyes as he helplessly scratched at the hands around his throat. Why doesn't he just shock him? My mind is a mess and I don't know what to do! My body acting before my mind, I lunge forward and collide with the large man... He didn't fucking budge! I'm so Fucked!

    he looks down at me with small, dull eyes and freezes. His eyes widen slightly and his breathing seems to stop. The muscles in his shoulders tense up as he sits Waylon back down and turns to me. Fuck!

    With him looming over me, I feel tiny. His head tilts to the side, then to the other. What is he doing? Who is he? Wha-

    He reaches his hand slowly and gently touches the side of my face. What the hell?! I flinch away and my breath quickens. His hand flinches away in response and he takes a step back. He looks back down to me and bows his head, as if to say "sorry."

    I must be crazy for this, but he doesn't look like he would hurt us anymore. All rage had seemingly vanished from his very being.

    Without taking my eyes off of our attacker, I move back to where Eddie lays unconscious. Waylon lays by his side cradling his head and trying to stop the bleeding. He was shaking terribly and tears were running down his face. Shit.

    "Is he hurt badly?" I crouch down by his side to see the blood starting to clot. Waylon, still shaking, looked over to me and shook his head.

    "N-no I-I-I don't think so. I-I think it's only a s-small gash." I nod to him when my eyes catch the bruises starting to form on his neck.

    "God damnit!" I yell frustrated. My breathing became heavy as anger was building in me. I wouldn't let my friends get hurt by this dick! I spin around and storm over to the brute (who had been standing there helplessly the entire time.) I push him backwards and growl. Startled, he backs into the wall behind him.

    I grab a hold of the metal contraptions holding back his lip and pull his face towards me, making us at eye level.

    "Look what you fucking did! You will not hurt them again, you hear me! I. Will. Not. let. You!" I toss his face to the side and stare at him with a burning gaze. My breath still heavy from my anger I look back to my injured friends.

    Waylon looked at me with pure shock. His big brown eyes looked uncertain before reaching out to me. I step towards him and crouched beside him once again. I looked into his frightened eyes and felt guilty. I didn't mean to scare him. That wasn't my goal here.

    He lays his hand on my arm and sighed. "It's okay. We're gonna be okay... so please just calm down." His voice was barely a whisper, Quiet and smooth. I give him a small nod before looking back over to the large variant.

    I was surprised to see him sitting down with his knees to his chest. He looked at me sorrowfully before looking back away. What the hell? He's acting like a sad pet... I did not just think that. No, just no.

    "Can we carry Eddie back to the room?" I look over to Waylon, trying to think of a solution.

    Waylon shakes his head and sighs. "No. He's too heavy for me to carry now, and you're still a weak from not eating much in the past few weeks." Waylon swipes back a stray hair from Eddie's face and sighs again.

    We sit there for a moment trying to think of something to do, when it suddenly comes to me. I get up from the floor and walk over to the large man sitting by the wall. I sit cross legged in front of him with a sympathetic look on my face. I reach forward and grabbed onto the metal contraptions again. The man flinches in my grasp, but I hold him still. Slowly I pull the hooks from behind his ears and off of his face. With his mouth free from the hooks, the man reaches to his face and rubs at his mouth. The scarred skin around his lips stretched into place as the skin around his mouth began to go back to its original shape.

    The scars, looking like veins or lightning , become more clear now that the hooks don't hide a portion of his face. He looks at me with astonishment and gratitude and lets out a shaky breath.

    In a low, hoarse voice he finally speaks. "Thank you."

    I reach my hand out and lay it on his cheek, just like he had done to me. I let out a shaky breath before gathering up all the courage I could.

    "I- we need your help. When you pushed back my friend he hit his head pretty badly, and now he's bleeding. We need to get him back to our... base?" I was still unsure of what to call our little home.

    He gives me a small nod before standing up and walking over to Eddie. To Waylon's protest, he picked him up easily and made his way to the door. He stopped in the doorway before saying, "By the way, the name's Chris Walker."