(43) Giving up

Chapter 43 (Hannah’s POV)

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Nate asked me for the millionth time.

“Yes Nate! Everything will be fine.” I forced a smile. I don’t know if anything will be fine. I have a really bad feeling about this but I’m going to do it anyway. This has been going on for far too long; it’s time to put an end to this.

I dialled his old phone number that I knew by heart, hoping he hasn’t changed it. It was on loud speaker. I let out a breath of relief when it rang.

“Who’s this?” I heard his raspy voice ask. I swallowed the lump in my throat before answering.

“I-I-It’s Hannah.” I stuttered.

“Hannah? What do you want? Are you finally coming back to me?” Craig asked in an arrogant voice.

“Y-Y-Yes. I give up. Don’t hurt Nate or any of my friends and I’ll be yours.” I closed my eyes not wanting to see Nate’s reaction. He had his arms around my waist and his hold tightened every time he spoke.

“How do I know you’re not lying?” Craig asked. Okay, this means he’s buying whatever we’re saying so far.

“Meet me today behind the Twyford School for Girls at 6.” I told him sounding full of confidence when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry with Nate. I can’t believe I’m actually going through with this.

“Fine but if you’re not there then I won’t think twice about hurting you or your friends.” Craig shamelessly stated. I bit my tongue to stop myself from giving a rude remark that might ruin the plan. I really hope this works out.

“Fine.” I said with no emotion in my voice. I then cut the phone before I ended up shouting something that Craig will not appreciate.

I looked up at Nate to see his eyes brimming with tears. I wiped away one tear that had escaped with my thumb. I placed my lips on his giving him a short kiss then stared in his eyes.

“Everything will be fine.” I assured him as well as myself. I was trying to convince myself that everything would work out.

“Everything will be fine.” Nate agreed. “I got you something, for good luck.” He pulled something out of his back pocket. It was a rectangular box with a cute little bow on it. He then opened it and I saw a beautiful bracelet with a four-leaf clover on it. It was gorgeous.

“It’s stunning, thank you.” I whispered as he put it on my wrist. I then moved forward to give him a hug. He smells good, really good. After a few seconds I tried pulling away but Nate wouldn’t let go.

“Nate, let go.” I ordered as I tried pushing him away.

“No, this might be the last time I see you again. I’m not going to let go, I’m going to make the most of every moment with you.” Nate groaned.

“This won’t be the last time you see me Nate, think positive.” I tried encouraging Nate on but he just stuffed his face in my neck. I eventually stopped struggling and hugged him back with just as much enthusiasm. I really didn’t want to leave me.

“GUYS! DID YOU CALL HIM? WHAT HAPPENED? TELL ME!” Cassie jumped at us shouting questions.

“Yes we called and he said yes. He’s going to come to the place we discussed and the time we agreed on.” Nate answered for me.

“Hannah, are you okay?” Cassie asked walking to me and taking me out of Nate’s grip. “Are you scared?” Cassie asked as she rubbed my back.

“Hell yes, I’m terrified. I can’t believe I’m actually willingly going to him after everything he did.” I breathed out letting it off my chest. I sat down for a moment.