(30) Realisation

Chapter 30 – Hannah’s POV 

For the past 2 days, there’s been an awkward atmosphere between me and Nate. I guess you could blame the kiss for that.  

The kiss. 

I still can’t believe we kissed. Is it bad if I say I want to kiss those lips again? He had me wanting more as soon as he broke off. I still don’t get why he kissed me though? I mean, did I look easy to him? Or was there something more. Silly me, why would there be something more? He’s Nate Cross Daniels; a handsome, muscular guy. He wouldn’t go for someone boring like me with blue eyes and blonde hair. I don’t understand why but I felt a pang in my heart when I thought of that. 

Today won’t be any better considering the fact the project is due, so we have to sit next to each other during the lecture. 

I rolled out of bed and obviously I wasn’t thinking as I landed face flat on the floor. 

“Hahahahahahha!” Cassie’s laughter echoed throughout the room. All I could think was ‘at least I didn’t have my glasses on’. 

“Shut up” I got up and crossed my arms. 

“Phrase of the year” Cassie rolled her eyes. I just narrowed my eyes and went to have a shower. After that I picked out a cute dress. I curled my hair and used some of my side bangs to make a small quiff. I kept my make up natural and wore the same best friend bracelet that Kyle bought me. I picked out some black wedges. I grabbed my bag and went off to my lecture after yelling to Cassie that I’ll be back soon. 

I walked to my Business lecture first with Mr Wills. As soon as I walked in he gave me a look up and down, his gaze lingering longer on my legs. Creep. He had a smug smile on his face, smug? What for?  I shook it off and plopped down in my seat. Nate came walking in a few minutes later and our eyes locked for a spare moment but then he looked away and sat down away from me today and next to that hoe Rochelle, I didn’t even know she was in our class.  

Throughout the whole lecture Mr Wills was looking at me but I couldn’t care less about him. All I could hear was Nate’s laughter and Rochelle’s attempt at a “seductive voice”. How could he kiss me like that then just flirt with another girl like it was nothing. 

Because you told him to forget about it... 

Damn you brain. I’m starting to regret that decision though. Why did I even say that? 

You’re afraid... 

Afraid? Of what? You don’t make any sense brain. 

All will come to you in time... 

Argh! That makes me even more frustrated. If I didn’t tell him to forget about it, what would we be like now? We’d be annoying each other as usual wouldn’t we?  

Soon enough the bell rang and Mr Wills reminded us to do the homework he has sent to our emails. Woops. I zoned out the whole lecture, guess I’ll have to do some research on it. 

It was now 2pm and my next lecture is at 4 to 5. I had two hours to spare so I decided to go and visit my idiot of a best friend. I haven’t seen him since he got kicked out of Uni the other day. I laughed silently at that, good times. I called up Kyle to find out his plans for today. 

“Hello?” His voice came through the other line. I guess he didn’t have my number then. Maybe I should have some fun with this. 

“Hello, can I speak to Mr Kyle Williams please?” I put on a professional voice. 

“I am Kyle Williams, may I know who this is?” 

“I’m Lisa Duncan and I’m currently calling from Pornhub. I just wanted to let you know your subscription is almost over and you need to renew it” I bit my lip. People around me were giving weird looks but I could care less.