Family Day

This book is almost done. I just needed to rest for the past few days because of practice. Sorry for not updating.

Now, let me just spit out eveything I like and dislike about this all. First, I actually like the mixes. All the teams have nice mixes but here some songs for some teams were a bit off. I won't say what here because it's quite personal. For some reason, the titles of the 8 songs used in our mix speaks the rest of the introduction (before every performance, there is a story behind it). For us, we're olympians (greekdemigod3 says it would be better if Gold had it than Blue (my team)) and our intro is a bit like The gods of Olympus restore peace to the world so, I'll show you how the intro continues (every mix has a story to it I think even if the songs seems to be out of place)

Our first song, Kings and Queens basically say we rule and have power. Before our dance there, though, we have to sort of sit on the floor and stand up after raising our flags. The dances usually don't match the meaning of the song but more on the tune but that's fine. The cheers are just there but the true lyrics always tells the story. The cheers are meant to show that we are the *insert team*.

Second song is Viva La Vida which greekdemigod3 says she likes. The first two songs are some that she likes so she is familiar with the songs in our mix (she's not much of a song person so...). This song is basically like the first, we rule the world (cause we're gods).

The third is Let's Groove. Well, it's basically like a partying type of song so I think the gods were partying in Olympus who knows...?!

Can't Stop the Feeling is next. For me, the gods are trying to comfort the people to just dance after being conquered by the other teams. It's like a bit of a rise up for the people.

What we are About is the part of the story where the gods show the people who they are meant to be and why they should be followed. It's like telling them we created the world you live in today.

This is what you came for is also the gods showing humans the reason why they're around. In our cheer, it refers lmore to Zeus because there is this line that says Lightning, strikes every time we move. It all means we came for a reason-to bring peace to your nation.

The second to the last song, Waving Flag  is trying to say the people are getting stronger and are gaining their freedom. A new nation, which is for sure Greece, will be born. The waving flag part basically shows the rest of the world they're an independent country.

Finally, the last song, Never Forget You. It basically says the nation will always be strong and its people will never forget the gods who helped them gain the peace they have today (even if it's not completely true in real life) until the day they die. Up to today, these Greek myths aren't forgotten. It is stilk remembered and many people love reading stories about mythology (_scarlet_phoenix_ XD). This makes sense to Olympians in a way but some songs are a bit off. Maybe it wasn't really meant to be a properly flowing story I guess or maybe the lack of songs.

Today we had general rehersals. I screwed up in the formations because people infront of me are moving slow or there is not enought time. Let me not mention grade school studebts have to be right beside, infront, and behind me making me paranoid that I might hit them. Come on, I hit the team captain's sister while practicing by accident (I said sorry to her and she said it didn't hurt so...).

The seniors also wanted us to rap with them later that afternoon so we did even though we don't know the lyrics. They even took videos of it. After lunch, most of high school was singing Disney songs, even How Far I'll Go. It was fun but I did not sing because I did not want to and I don't memorize the lyrics. They wanted to do it all day but my Math teacher from last year told a senior to stop because we're wasting time and we wouldn't have a voice by tomorrow, which is family day. Everyone wanted to continue singing, even the mommies (those teaching us the dances). The teacher my entire batch hates, though... I guess the entire high school of our team doesn't like you, now (jk).

I just want the parade to be over. I want the awarding. I want to relax. It's fun but tiring and I need rest. I wish I could be a tagger for the jail booth this year with the rest of my friends. It's fun to catch people and chasing them inside the bathroom. The only thing I don't want to see is someone changing infront of my very own eyes just to not be caught.

I can't really tell who will win the parade this year. All teams are equally good, all have their own strenghts and weaknesses. This feels though.

If I die tomorrow, someone please bless my soul.