Chapter 5

HEY! This is me and yea im alive...so i hope u guys like this :)

---------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT! Are you okay? Did they ask you guys anything??" dad asked, panicking.

I didn't know he cared this much. He started pacing, rubbing his temples.

"Dad. We're fine. Just a little freaked out though." I said.

"I knew Isaac would do this. I knew he figured it out. Fran bring my phone. I need to call Lucas." he said going into his forbidden office.

Let me rephrase that. I call it the forbidden office because he has never EVER let anyone in that office. And by that I mean that not even myself has been in there. And I'm his daughter! I run to the door of the office and pound on it.

"DAD what's going on? Who is Isaac??" I ask, still pounding my hand against the door until finally, he opened it.

"UHM, Adelaide, just go to your room or go play with Carlotta. I'm busy right now." he says, his voice sounding pained.

He's back. A lump formed in my throat but I swallowed it. I wouldn't let this get the best of me. Not this time. I ran after dad, seeing he was getting to his car.

"Dad, please for once just tell me what's going on?" I ask, pleading.

Tears are forming in my eyes. He stares at me intently. For a whole three minutes he looked at me, examined me. He sighed, his fingers going through his hard geled hair.

"Adelaide, I don't have time right now. I got to go. Love you. Okay?" he said and cupped my face until I answered.

I became angry. "Sooner or later, you will HAVE to tell me, I'm going to be the leader anyway." I said, pulling his arms away from my face and ran up to my room, making sure to slam the door.

As I ran upstairs, I heard both Carlotta and Fran calling my name. I ignored them. I knew he would do that. He always cuts me out. One of the other reasons why I HATED him. Tears are falling profusely. I wipe them away with my arm, hard. I ran to my bed and fell on it, dramatically. He cuts everyone out. Never letting them in, not even his family. Not even his only family. His own daughter. That is probably why mom died. I sat up. I got off of my bed and kneeled down and reached under my bed. I grabbed the shoe box and sat back up on the bed. I opened the box and saw millions of pictures in it. I grabbed a handful and started looking through them. I smiled at the pictures. There was a picture of mom and I, me sitting on her lap, smiling big grins. Then there was one of me when I was four and mom was chasing after me to put a diaper on, which means I was butt naked. Then there was another picture of mom and I and we were both finger painting. Well I was facepainting on her while she slept. I smiled, tears bursting to come out. There was another picture. It was a week or two before her death. We were both smiling at the camera, only our heads showing. The last picture that I looked at was a picture of mom looking as tired as ever in the hospital with a new born baby. She was looking down at the baby happily. I stared at the picture. That baby was me. I whimpered. Why did she have to leave me? Why? I always ask myself why. Why does this stuff happen to me?I love my mom, still do, and she left me. All because of my dad. Anger flashed through me. I ran downstairs to the kitchen. I saw Carlotta and Fran sitting quitely at the table. When I walk in they look at me with sadness on their face. I'm tired of those faces. So many of those faces I have seen. I grabbed our shopping bags.

"Carlotta, get ready in five. We're going out." I said and ran upstairs wiping my tears away.

I threw them on my bed and was going to start dressing when I heard someone open the door. I turn around. Its Carlotta. She looks worried and there is a hint of something else. Guilt?

"Ade, you gotta calm down." she told me.

I laughed un humorously.

"Relax? You want me to relax? I've been doing that my whole god danm life. Nothing is coming out of me being 'relaxed'. I'm tired of it." I yelled at her.

She winced at my anger, and looked a little surprised as well.

"Ade, it isn't worth it. When the time comes, you will know what you want. But as for now, just stay away from what you want to know. Trust me, you'll be better off knowing when the time is right." she told me.

I looked at her as if she was crazy. I sniffed.

"You wanna know something Carlotta?" I asked her, sounding wise.

She didn't say anything so I took it as a yes anyway.

"I've seen my mom shot right in front of me. My Dad ignores me, not telling me anything about ANYTHING. You ask me to stay away from it, but don't you know that I'm already sucked into it?" I asked her calmly, tears coming out of my eyes.

Carlotta looked angry.

"Okay you know what Adelaide. You are a brat. You act like you are the only person who has witnessed a tragedy in your life. I saw my own mother, the one who gave birth to me, leave me! I know she is alive, but she is better off dead. And it hurts, it hurts so bad to know that the woman that gave birth to me left me, ruthless as it is. Your mom loved you and your dad loves you. My Dad doesn't even look at me because I look just like my mom. Do you know how screwed up my life is? So stop acting like a depressed whiny little brat and grow up!" Carlotta scram to me.

I stared, glared, at her. She couldn't make assumptions like that. Her words just sunk in. Carlotta realized what she said.

"Ade, I'm sor-" I cut her off before she could say anything else.

"Dont!" I scram and ran out of the house.

I ran and ran. The wind blew at me, making me feel alive. I closed my eyes just for a second, feeling the breeze. I stopped to feel the breeze. I felt like I was in my own world. No one could see me and I couldn't hear anybody. After about a minute, I opened my eyes. In front of me there was some sort of woods. I thought twice before walking into the woods. I walked through it, careful for any animals poping out. I felt something staring at me. I turned all around until I saw what it was. It was a bunny. A snow white bunny. It was adorable. I grabbed it. I looked at it. It was staring back at me, intently. I felt a weird feeling inside of me but I didnt know what it was.

She jumped away off my hand and turned back to look at me. She hopped and I had this feeling that I had to follow her. I followed her as she went throught the forest, jumping and hopping. I looked around and it was so beautiful. The crisp color of the woods, The long trees, The greens of the bushes, and grass. You just wanted to lay in them and think for the earth to just take you away. I looked around for the bunny but she was gone. I went forward, opening some leaves and branches. After I finish opening and tearing them, the scene was shocking.

Very gorgeous.

There is a mini river, the calming noise coming down, The clear green grass. and a huge tree to sit under. I walk to it. I examine the tree. I decide to randomly feel it. I like the roughness under my fingers. I feel allover until I feel a gap. I examine it. Right there, there is a carved heart and inside the heart is "A+M". I wonder who they were. I sat under the tree thinking to myself.

Then remembering that I fell into an dreamless sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked it. Remember to vote comment or like. if u want too :)