Bus bully

When I was about sixteen years old I would constantly be bullied on my bus ride home. The whole bus would gang up on me and call me names. They would grab my book bag and throw it around the whole bus, making my things fall all over the place. They would hit the back of my head and continue to harass me until they would get off of the bus.
Our bus driver was too old to notice anything and even when he did notice he would just assume that we were playing around and wouldn't say anything. I was too scared to stand up for myself. I didn't have a single friend on that bus. The worst part was that I my bus stop was the last bus stop.
One day after getting bullied for an entire bus ride, I sat quietly as I waited to get off the bus. It was only me on the bus now since everyone else had got off so I was finally able to relax.
I was surprised to see a young girl who looked around my age come to the back of the bus and sit next to me. I always thought that I was the last one on the bus, but maybe I just never payed attention.
"Hi, I'm sorry to just randomly come back here, but I noticed that everyone has been bullying you," she said in a sweet voice. Her voice was so calm and relaxing.
"Oh...yeah.."I said shyly. She was an awfully cute girl with brown, braided hair. She had green eyes that sparkled and a very welcoming smile with perfectly straight teeth.
"I've been noticing it for the last couple of weeks. I feel so awful. Some people are such assholes, I just wanted to make sure that you're okay," she said with a concerned look on her face.
"Wow, no ones ever made sure if I was okay before. Thank you so much," I smiled. "I'm alright, they're just doche bags,"
"I'm glad you're alright," she smiled as she put out her hand. "I'm Casey,"
"I'm David," I said, shaking her hand.
"I'm so glad that you're okay. I've been through a lot of bullying. I've had it really bad so I know exactly what you're going through," Casey said as she looked down at the floor.
"You were bullied too?" I asked, surprised.
"Yeah, pretty badly actually," she sighed. "I just don't want to see anyone go through the pain I've gone through so I wanted to make sure that you were okay,"
"I really appreciate it, Casey. This is my stop, so I'll talk to you later," I told her as I stood up from my seat.
"See you later," she smiled.
I couldn't believe that I finally found a friend on that bus. I had never seen her on the bus before, but I guess I jut never noticed. She seemed way too beautiful to be bullied so I was a shock to me. It really was nice to have someone I could relate to though.
The next day, I continued to be bullied on the bus again. It was a lot of heartache, but I tried to remember what Casey had said to me.
Once everyone was off the bus, Casey walked to the back of the bus again.
"Hey, David," she smiled.
  "Hey, Casey. How have you been?"
  "I've been alright. I'm glad I can talk to you again," she smiled, showing off her perfect teeth.
  "So am I. It's so nice to finally have a friend," I admitted.
  "Aww, well I couldn't stand watching them bully you. You deserve a friend,"
  Casey and I continued to talk until I had to leave. We continued to talk on the bus everyday. It would always be the same, after everyone else got off of the bus she would come to the back and sit next to me. I couldn't believe I finally had someone who understood what I was going through.
  I was so excited that I had her to talk to my problems about. We would always talk about all of your problems. We grew closer each day.
  One day, I was so excited about her that I decided to tell a friend of mine about her.
  "Casey? I don't know anyone named Casey at our school..." He said.
  "Well she's really quiet...maybe she's just really shy," I explained.
  "I guess. I'm happy for you though," he smiled.
  I didn't think anything of it when he didn't know you Casey was, but it got more strange when I asked more people about it. It seemed like no one knew who she was. I was puzzled. Why didn't anyone know who she was?
  I even tried asking someone on my bus.
  "Why would any girl want to talk to you? I don't know anyone named Casey and I know all of the girls at this school," he laughed. "You're such a loser dude,"
  I was desperate to find out why no one knew her. I waited patiently on my bus ride for everyone to get off. As expected, Casey walked to the back of the bus and sat next to me.
  "Casey....I need to ask you someone thing,"
  "Oh, what is it David?" She asked, looking at me curiously.
  "I've went around the school telling people about you but no ones ever heard of you....why doesn't anyone know you?"
  Her eyes widened and her face grew pale. She looked down at her hands and closed her eyes.
  "I need to show you something..." She said quietly.
  She then reached towards her shirt and slowly pulled it down, revealing a gun shot wound in her chest. Blood was still streaming from the fatal wound.
  "I was bullied...I was bullied to the point that I ended my own life..."