Puppet show

It was my first time on stage. I had been practicing my act for a while, but I was still pretty nervous. I've seen tons of famous comedians do puppet shows but I didn't know if I was good enough.
  Once they called my name to go on stage, I hesitantly grabbed my puppet. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before walking on stage. The stage lights were blinding and pointed directly at me. The audience clapped as I took my seat on the stool placed in the middle of the stage. The crowd went silent once I had sat down. My heart was beating rapidly. I've done this a thousand times before, but never in front of an audience.
  I introduced myself, and then I made my puppet introduce itself to the crowed, waving its little puppet hand. I was anxious, but it was starting off pretty smoothly. I was afraid of forgetting my lines, but it surprisingly started off well. The crowd began to laugh and smile, making me feel more comfortable and confident.
  I continued, but my heart sank when I saw the puppet turn its head to look at me. The crowd didn't know it, but I didn't turn its head. The crowd also didn't know that when it turned its head to look at me it broke my fingers....