Chapter 9

Hello my lovelies! Another Chapter ahead. Read, Comment, and vote :D  Here is where things start to get a bit edgy you have been warned LOL.

"Y—your soul is turning black."

"WHAT?" he felt his soul clench. He rushed to her side to see the screen and sure as she said it...his soul was blackening... "How?"

"I am not sure...m-maybe when you souls were exposed and you were fighting Asgore some of the shattered souls infected you?"

"Is there any black in Rose's soul?"

"No."

"Thank god..."

"Sans this is serious." She looked at the screen feeling real dread wash over her. Not again...not another monster.

"Don't say a word to her—I will try to figure this out...I have you too you are a soul expert."

"Sans—it took Rose's power to get rid of the black in Asgore's soul and your soul is turning black and Rose isn't a white soul anymore..."

He hissed causing her to jump he pinched the bridge of his nose standing his full height and walked down the hall and to the steps.

"W—where are you going?"

"Nowhere I need to go clear my head. Stay here—please." He almost forgot to add the last part.

Rose was in a drug induced slumber she had no idea that a foggy mist entered through her window sill—it collected in the floor forming an ethereal body as it shakily rose into the air skeletal at first the mist started to flesh out the horrific being—purple lit the eyes searching hungrily for the slumbering form. The jagged smile returned a purple light emanated from deep within it as Tenebris took shape. Long fingers graced the side of her face trailing down her neck to her breasts.

The girl shivered. A scowl forming on her sleeping face. Her soul shrank from him...oh yes her soul would always know him...and his would know hers...weaker now than before but he didn't care about that sort of thing. Fingers that resembled the branches of a dead tree inched towards her hair brushing a few stray strands from it...she had been right to fight sleep—Tenebris thrived in the shadow world...

His pointer finger traced the shape of her ear as she whimpered in her sleep. "Yes—you know me...I have been a part of you since I first entered...your soul is mine and only mine." His hiss like whisper parallelized her soul, He felt her heartbeat increase. Raising his hand high over his head he suddenly jabbed his pointer finger down piercing her ear. She cried out in sleep blood flowed as her eardrum shattered using the new opening as an entrance.

The mist was gone by the time Alphys opened the door...seeing nothing amiss she closed it back quickly unnerved suddenly as if there was a presence in the room.

Rose startled awake, a massive headache working her over—she had only been asleep for what felt like minuets. Turning to the window she was wrong the sky was dark—the house was eerily quiet. It seemed off. Slipping out of bed she walked across her room and opened the door leading out into the hallway...

The walls... the once cheery paper was peeling a sickly slick yellow paint clung to the walls underneath like a fungus—the banister was shattered, wood splinters dark discoloration black and rusty brown slid down the carpet—old water damage pooled from the ceiling that sagged from the weight over the years. She swallowed hard looking at the mess...this was not home...

The two rooms belonging to the skeleton brothers the doors were open and they looked like the void themselves...the naked bulb in the hall flickered once and a while with no rhyme or reason. Swallowing hard, a heavy sense of dread weighed on her chest...good god where was she?—was this a nightmare...why couldn't she wake up?