Chapter 2

Merry Christmas, here's a little treat for those of you who come onto Wattpad tonight :D The Story continues and the Drama starts to unfold. Enjoy!

Papyrus came home a few minutes later Rose was still pulled into Sans inescapable embrace. Pap was always in a good mood and tonight was no different.

"Sans—Rose I smell something burning..."

"Oh Crap the lasagna!" Rose squirmed trying to break free of Sans vice grip good lord the skeleton was strong. She laughed as his fingers tickled her leaving her in a fit of laughter. Papyrus kicked off his work boots and entered the kitchen before dinner was ruined.

Rose was left slack in his arms from the tickling and struggling—panting from the workout Sans finally released her. "There see—Pap's has it under control." He beamed at her.

"You are such a jerk—using your strength against a weak defenseless human—police brutality!"

"I'm not a cop—"

"Well not the human version of one...but Asgore's task force has grown into something like one—" her mind sort of drifted to the newscasts...

Sans sighed. "This really is not something I expected to do with my life..." he grunted and rubbed his face with his bony hand the sound of bone on bone was a little unnerving.

"Well what were you planning on doing?" Rose sat up having caught her breath she slipped from the couch and adjusted her askew clothing and was going to head to the kitchen. Her hair, as short as it was fell from the stumpy pony tail—a soft golden color that reminded Sans of the sun. He was watching her in a soft manner when she snapped her fingers to wake him. "Hello Earth to Sans...come in Sans?"

He smirked. "Heh sorry—well I don't know I was happy being a sentry...because the only thing I was watching was the inside of my eye sockets."

She laughed. "I know Pap told me all about that."

"What can I say I didn't sleep much at night so I slept during the day."

"Nightmares...about—"

"About things I don't want to discuss." He suddenly got up and Rose knew she overstepped a line.

"I'm sorry—" She rubbed her arm as he loomed over her.

"It's fine."

"Sans—tiny Rose dinner is ready—though I have never seen this version of spaghetti before...mind telling me Rose?" she left Sans side and entered the kitchen he was looking at the hot bubbling pan of what he would only consider a plop of cheese and the smell of sauce...he really had no idea what he was looking at.

"Oh its lasagna Paps—it has the same things that are in spaghetti but it's baked and has larger noodles, you will love it." she tried to keep the horrified look from her face as she noticed he was holding the pan with no protection...though Sans had told her that they don't feel heat and cold like other monsters, like humans do—it just looked painful.

"I trust you Rose, since becoming a part of Asgore's task force I don't get to cook as much as I like." He frowned a moment and set the lava hot pan on the table. Then beamed at her. "Though I do like all of these different recipes you have found!"

"Yeah I was shocked that I even found a few cook books—a lot of human stuff was destroyed and it was fate that you kept some in all of that other human stuff in my room." She kept the sadness from her voice to think of what was destroyed—she had only been ten so she didn't remember a lot of her life before the barrier was broken. Older humans they had lost more—they were more disturbed and angry with all this with being slaves and now free...they didn't know how to deal except with malice and violence.