Protection ~Newt~

Request sent by ckschul
"Please do one of Newt. Only one girl in the glade. She has a brother relationship with Minho. Gally hates her and is out to get her while Newt loves her and wants to protect her from everything including the maze as she is a runner."
So yeah hope you feel better Christina 💕

You make your way over too the mead hall. You clench your stomach to stop it from growling. You wait patiently in line to get served some weird slop by Frypan, but knowing him it was probably delicious.

Minho waves you over and you sit down next to him. Newt and Chuck sit across from you. Gally is in a corner eyeing you, but also avoiding eye contact.

Minho punches your arm lightly "Y/N? Earth to Y/N."

"Sorry, Gally was just looking at me weird," you mumble.

"He's probably just jealous you got promoted to a runner," Minho laughs.

"She got promoted to a what?" Newt jumps up and practically yells.

"Newt calm down, its no big deal."

"Well its a big deal to me!"

You blush. "Why Newt?"

He was the one blushing now as he calmly sat back down. "Um well.."

"Oh c'mon Newt we all know you like Y/N, just say it," Minho laughs teasingly.

Before you can get any answers, you feel a firm hand gripping your shoulder.

You look up to see Gally. "We need to talk. Now," he demands.

He leads you outside.

"Gally what was that all about!" you yell at him.

"Shut up, you stupid girl, don't speak when I'm speaking to you," Gally scolded.

"First of all I'm not stupid, Second of all you weren't even speaking, and finally how do you think I became a runner in under a week if I'm 'stupid'?. Plus I'm the FIRST girl runner. Ever," you reply smugly.

"You're so naïve, don't you understand Newt will never let you go and we all know you like him!"

"What's that got to do with anything?"

"Everything."

You don't say anything because what he said is exactly true. It doesn't matter that you became a runner. Newt will never let you go. He's so overprotective.

Its just then when you realize how hard Gallys hand is squeezing your shoulder.

"Gally kindly remove you hand," you spit out.

"Yeah, Gally kindly remove your hand or I will remove it for you," a voice states from behind you.

You whip your head around to see Newt right next to you and before you can even blink you see Newt punch Gally square in the nose.

Blood is gushing out. Gally makes a strange whimper noise.

"This isn't over Y/N! Not by a long shot!" Gally yells.

"Are you ok?" Newt shyly asks.

"Yeah I'll be fine and thanks for what you did back there it  was pretty epic," you smile.

"Uh, it was no big deal."

Now Newt's face is red.

You look down at your feet to hide your blush.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't want you to go in the maze."

"Why?" you shake your head confused.

"Because... because I cant protect you in there."

Newt looks at you shyly.

He leans in closer "And I don't want you getting hurt."

He's so close now that your noses are practically touching.

Then he kisses you. Its a short but very sweet kiss and when you both break apart, you can hear Minho yelling in triumph.

Ok I know this was short its only 617 words I can make longer ones if you guys want ;) Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes.

Well isn't Minho like the best? He's so cute in this.
~Cassie