"There is certainly someone much better to cover up for him. I'm sure you could hire a professional pianist to do it." I argue.

"No, there isn't time for them to learn the things. You're the best choice. You're an amazing pianist, and don't you lie to me because I know you know how to play all of my songs on the piano."

I take in his words, which I couldn't deny were true. But then I remember that I have been watching all of his concerts for the past month, and there is so much more to it than just knowing how to play the songs.

"B-but, there is so much more to play. There are those little parts between songs that I never learned how to play. Like that passage in the beginning of "Bad Reputation". Before he starts to play the part that we all know when you start singing, there is this piano part where he does-" I stop speaking as I notice Shawn looking at me with raised eyebrows, his expression telling me "This is exactly what I am saying. You are our perfect replacement for him.". My words were only giving more reason to him, so I just shut my mouth.

"The things you don't know, you can try to learn now in the rehearsal, or we can cut them off and readjust for you, we have time. But you need to play."

I gulp as he says this, and realize exactly where I am standing. I look out of the stage, and sea row after row after row of empty seats, all of them waiting to be occupied today. I could only imagine all of the people coming to hear to Shawn's incredible music, until I screwed up everything. How not only would the fans be let down, but it would be horrible for Shawn.

I could feel my arms shaking a bit as I imagined me messing up everything for everyone, as I always did. I always messed up everything. I was just so freaking useless.

"I-I can't." I say, and look towards the floor so I couldn't see Shawn's disappointed expression. "I'm sorry, but I can't do this."

"Why?" He asks, his tone being of pure desperation.

"Because I will mess up everything!" I snap, bringing myself to look at his eyes. "I always mess up things Shawn. And then the worst is that it would fall on your shoulders the mess up. Fans will get disappointed, and then throw their anger at you."

"Sadie, for god's sake, you don't know that that will in fact happen."

"Yes I do. You know me Shawn." I say, feeling my eyes stinging a bit. "I'm useless." I whisper.

Shawn brings his hands up to his hair in frustration, and I knew that his pause was to control the words that were about to leave his mouth. "I just don't know what to do anymore. I tried everything, but it doesn't work. I just don't get it: I believe in you. The band believes in you. Why can't you believe in yourself too?"

I had no words left. I just stand there frozen as I gaze into his eyes and take in his question, trying also to find an answer.

Why couldn't I too?

He takes in a deep breath, understanding that I don't have anything more to say. "Well, if you would excuse me, I need to go tell Andrew that there will be no concert, and with that also find a way to tell my fans that too." He says bitterly, and he walks past me, leaving me standing there alone.

I wanted so much to help. So much to be the reason behind putting that smile back on Shawn's face.

But what if I made everything worse?